Monday, December 6, 2010

VICTORIA MAGAZINE VOLUME #1- NUMBER TWO and GEORGETOWN, COLORADO: THEN AND NOW!



We will just step back into time here....and get lost in this lovely issue of Victoria Magazine....Winter of 87/88



I had formerly done a post on this blog about my first early copy of Victoria which was their 2nd issue .


 It is special to me because living in Colorado I find Georgetown to be my favorite place!  Mostly, it has to do with the charming little town in a valley where John Denver made a Christmas movie in l985 entitled "The Christmas Gift".  Yes, I just love this movie!




(Above) This was one of the homes featured in the old Victoria Magazine article about Georgetown, Colorado....






and now some pictures I took of Georgetown just a few weeks ago
just special for you:








It was a lovely sunny day on the way in our car....we go through a tunnel (not the Eisenhower which comes after you pass Georgetown on your way to Vail)



Not long after the tunnel we get to Georgetown, right after Idaho Falls......



I am especially fond of Georgetown!  This scene below is where George Billings (John Denver) stepped out of the Busy Bee Cab and took the same photo I took....


In the movie, Susan McMillan worked at this post office:



Now a museum, this was the hotel where Bud Sawyer and his sister "Aunt Henny" lived ....


Recently when I watched the movie, the log house below showed up as Susan McMillan was outside the post office.



the Hamill House Museum below  was pictured in Victoria with its conservatory on the side....





If you have your issue handy...this house below is now a different color paint than it was in 88' and is presently a bed and breakfast...




there are also several pictures in
 Victoria of the house below:




This photo above is in the issue of Victoria and it is also the house that Susan McMillan (actress Jane Kaezmarek) lived in for the movie! It is a lovely old Victorian.



a lovely stream winds all throughout the town going through the yards and there are darling bridges....





Georgetown was less than 2 hours from my home in Colorado Springs.


It was beginning to snow a little and we had to say goodbye ......
but hope to visit again soon!  I hope you enjoyed our visit to Georgetown, Colorado where 2 brothers first came during the 1850's to search for gold - but found silver instead! There were lots of houses for sale here in case you are interested!

10 comments:

  1. Good morning Bernideen,
    What a lovely tour you have taken me on! Georgetown looks charming and I enjoyed seeing it very much. I also took a virtual walk through your lovely shop yesterday and I had a wonderful time peeking at all your beautiful china and teas. Wish I could walk through in reality and sit and have a cup of rose tea with you. Have a beautiful day, my friend.

    Christmas blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so lovely! I could feel your enjoyment and enthusiasm in your words! What a wonderful connection to a Delightsome movie, magazine and town! I appreciate you sharing your special time and joining me at Christmas with Victoria, you made it all the more special,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely town! So many gorgeous homes and the main street looks so historical. Thank you so much for sharing this with us.
    Hugs,
    terri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how wonderful. I will have to come back for a much longer visit as your pictures are so awesome...if I lived 2 hrs away from Georgetown I'm afraid I would be there as often as I could get away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Bernideen,
    that was a nice tour through Georgetown and I enjoyed all the infromations. Thank you for sharing it.
    Greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the tour of Georgetown, Bernadette! I enjoyed seeing the lovely homes. Merry Christmas to you!
    Hugs, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful pictures you have posted and I love the Christmas music playing.

    Willow

    ReplyDelete
  8. Georgetown looks like a quaint place to visit and perhaps live. It was fun to see some of the houses as they used to look and how they are now.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for sharing this post about Georgetown and the wonderful issue of Victoria Magazine. I will have to find that movie and watch it, I know I saw it many years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, what an amazing little town! So Victorian, love it!

    ReplyDelete

I always love your comments and thoughts! If you aren't a blogger yourself you may have difficulties leaving comments. I recommend you go to http://google.com/accounts and open a google account which doesn't mean that you will have a blog (unless you want one)but will make it possible for you to make comments on all blogs! PLEASE USE A NAME in your google account AND NOT "Unknown" !
Sometimes people repost not realizing their comment posted! Go slowly when you post your comment - don't rush! It will not appear until it is approved. If a question is asked I will try to answer it here.