Wednesday, June 13, 2018

THREE LADIES FOR TEA for "Tea In The Garden"

Welcome to my weekly tea
related blog party and welcome
to "Tea in the Garden".




Here in Missouri - the heat
is on outside around 
95 degrees
everyday now!






We are having a lovely summer
just the same but I do my
"getting out in the garden"
earlier now to beat the heat.






I have set up a little tea time

under the patio and am sharing
some lovely cookies.  The recipe 
for these Strawberry-Orange
Thumbprint Cookies came from
the July/August 2013 issue
 of Tea Time
Magazine.





I hope you'd like a cup of tea
though as now is the time before
it gets too hot.  Please help your-
self to the cookies too!





I am sharing a few new vintage
finds today - a quilt and another
lady vase (the beige one) 
which brings my total of these
 little Japanese vases to three.






I am also enjoying some lovely
bouquets as of late.  It is fun
for me to make them up for my
posts as you may know my Hubby
has allergies so they must stay 
on the porch rather than
inside the house.






Recently I was watching some 
YouTube videos about English 
Gardens and Victorian more formal
 gardens.  If you watch them you 
will find them lovely!  I really 
enjoyed the series called 
 The Victorian Flower Garden 
featuring the 
late gardener,  Harry Dodson. 


Here are some articles too:
and
The Victorian Garden



After watching the video series - I know I
am not a "formal garden" girl but rather
I am drawn to the more casual English
Cottage Garden style.


Here is the recipe for the Thumbprint 
Cookies with permission from Tea Time:


Strawberry Orange Thumbprint Cookies: 
 350 degrees for 13-15 minutes baking time

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, 1 tsp baking powder, 1/4 tsp salt
1 cup salted butter, softened, 1/3 cup sugar, 1/3 cup firmly
packed light brown sugar, 2 large egg yolks, 1 Tsp fresh orange
zest, 1/2 tsp orange extract, 1/2 cup seedless strawberry jam 

 preheat oven to 350 degrees
Line 2 baking sheets with parchment
 paper and set aside

I combine all dry ingredients in my mixing bowl and then
added the other ingredients except jam

I made small balls in the palm of my hand and put this on
the baking sheet - pressing the center and then placing 1/2 tsp or
so in the center where the thumbprint went.  Bake them
around 13 minutes depending on your oven.

17 comments:

  1. What a beautiful tea time in your garden, Bernideen! Your ladies are just darling, and your tea cozy and gorgeous bouquet are such pretty additions to the table. I'd love a thumbprint cookie with a cup of tea. Thank you for the recipe and thank you for hosting your lovely tea party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to join you and the lovely ladies for tea in your beautiful garden!!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally we are warming up but not nearly as hot as your temps. Everyone is complaining about having to bring their plants in at night because of the frost. I haven't bought mine yet and hope there are some left. Your ladies are lovely and so are your thumbprint cookies! I have made thumbprints many times but not the orange flavoured. Mmm, they would be tasty with a cup of tea. Thanks for the party and have a beautiful day, Bernideen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty tea table in your garden, Bernideen. The cookies look delish! Thanks for the recipe....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those lady vases are so special. What fun to find another one to add to your collection.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those cookies look delicious and I love your ladies! I checked our your recommendations. I always thought of Linderhof as informal gardens but with the 4 bed garden, I'm not sure now. Martha - Linderhof

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Bernideen! Love your pretty ladies! I have the same as your beige lady vase, but in a white, blue and pink colorway that came from aunt who recived it as a wedding gift in 1940. The garden is looking lovely too! Love making Victoria recipes! Thanks for hosting and also linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea! Have a lovely week!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’m more of an English Cottage garden girl myself. You’re smart to get out earlier in the day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are a great floral designer, Bernideen! Beautiful bouquets! Have a good rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for hosting,dear Bernideen!Stunning Tea Time...Love those gorgeous figurines and the pretty crocheted cloth!Your floral bouquet is wonderful and unique...Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bernideen,
    I do not have any tea offerings this week but I wanted to stop by to see your tea post! And I was not disappointed!! I love your pretty Ladies but what really caught my eye was your pretty tea cozy on your tea pot!!!! Your garden looks lovely!! But the 95 degree heat is definitely something I can do without...I am no lover of heat....Thanks so much for sharing such a lovey setting in your yard. I truly enjoyed it!!
    Hugs
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty, pretty, pretty! Love the lady vases, glorious flower bouquets, and quilt! Down here in East Texas, our temps are running about like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your floral bouquets are nicer than the ones sold by florists. I'm also loving the cute lady vase. Thank you for hosting and stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely morning tea time! Your vases, quilt and tea cozy are all perfect. And your bouquet is stunning. We'd love for you to join us over at Vintage Charm Party #137! https://bit.ly/2Jzy7ON Hope to see you there! xo Kathleen|Our Hopeful Home

    ReplyDelete
  15. So beautiful. I love the floral arrangement . Beautiful lady figurines.Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bernideen, what a lovely tea in the garden! Like you, I'm definitely an English cottage garden girl. So much more warm and inviting than a formal garden. Today I posted my Pork Loin Roast, but that wasn't exactly a tea thing, so I linked a favorite teatime treat.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I always enjoy your ladies. I would say you definitely have a collection now with three. The thumbprint cookies look delicious with tea.
    Happy Summertime!

    ReplyDelete

I always love your comments and thoughts! If you aren't a blogger yourself you may have difficulties leaving comments. I recommend you go to http://google.com/accounts and open a google account which doesn't mean that you will have a blog (unless you want one)but will make it possible for you to make comments on all blogs! PLEASE USE A NAME in your google account AND NOT "Unknown" !
Sometimes people repost not realizing their comment posted! Go slowly when you post your comment - don't rush! It will not appear until it is approved. If a question is asked I will try to answer it here.