Tuesday, October 17, 2023

LASTING FLOWERS for "Tea In The Garden"

 This summer I didn't do many of my
"Tea In The Garden" blog posts because
it was so hot.  This morning it was
only 39 degrees and just expected 
to go up into the high 60's so this
was my green light.


The Zinnias usually really get going
late in the summer and right now
they are lovely.  


I need to say the roses in this bouquet
were from the market.  I did
pick some lovely blue hydrangeas
that come on once it gets cooler
like it has been.  I decided to go
out to the front sidewalk today.


There was an abundance of bees and
moths and butterflies today.


Many years ago Royal Patrician,
a US importer of English bone china,
came out with this pattern called
"English Garden".  I kept 2 cups and
saucers and dessert plates.  They
feature bugs and flowers from an
English garden.






Please pour yourself a cup
of tea.


I have been reading about all the
different types of laces lately and
following the Lace Museum site
on Facebook where there is so
much information.  I am fascinated.
 








Our leaves are just starting to turn
here.  We had such a drought in
July through September, I imagine
things will be more brown than
orange/yellow/red.


Also, lastly, I made myself a new "old"
tea cozy from a piece of a Tuscan lace 
tablecloth and a crochet doily. (this is
not for sale)



2 comments:

  1. Absolutely charming, love the flowers…what a great green thumb you have…the china is always a treat to see.
    Thank you, V.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful bouquet and tea setting. I'd love to have stopped by for tea and a visit.

    ReplyDelete

I always love your comments and thoughts! If you aren't a blogger yourself you may have difficulties leaving comments. I recommend you go to http://google.com/accounts and open a google account which doesn't mean that you will have a blog (unless you want one)but will make it possible for you to make comments on all blogs! PLEASE USE A NAME in your google account AND NOT "Unknown" !
Sometimes people repost not realizing their comment posted! Go slowly when you post your comment - don't rush! It will not appear until it is approved. If a question is asked I will try to answer it here.