Thursday, September 12, 2024

ZINNIAS FOR "Tea In The Garden"

 
We have so many wonderful
zinnias showing off right now!


 I have been saving seeds each year by
throwing the heads in boxes to dry
and then scattering them in the
summer.  They can take the heat 
but I do water them if we don't
have rain.


You might notice a tomato plant 
sharing a spot with this
hydrangea too!


Our front yard gets the sun as it is
 facing south.  I would prefer this were
happening in the back yard but
that of course faces North and has
huge trees and sun loving flowers
aren't has happy there.




I hope your summer has been
pleasant.  We are having some
lovely days with temps in
the 80's which we love.




I brought out some brown toned
transferware pieces to enjoy
and one of my tea cozies.










As you can see, the grass
is not looking happy....we
need rain and may get
some tomorrow.


I love the shape of the
 these orange
ones above.


A closeup of a
favorite 
tea cozy:


If you are on Instagram -

3 comments:

  1. Your zinnias are indeed putting on a colorful show! Such beauty!🏵️🌸

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous zinnias! I'm deadheading cosmos and marigolds for next year's seeds. Still have some summer flowers and mums are blooming now as we head into fall. Such a lovely time of year. Wish I could take tea with you today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an incredible array of color. I bet you have the Goldfinch munching on the seed heads. Mine do but I only have a couple plants this year.

    ReplyDelete

I always love your comments and thoughts! If you aren't a blogger yourself you may have difficulties leaving comments. I recommend you go to http://google.com/accounts and open a google account which doesn't mean that you will have a blog (unless you want one)but will make it possible for you to make comments on all blogs! PLEASE USE A NAME in your google account AND NOT "Unknown" !
Sometimes people repost not realizing their comment posted! Go slowly when you post your comment - don't rush! It will not appear until it is approved. If a question is asked I will try to answer it here.