Friday, May 29, 2009

THE BEGINNING OF A NEW FLOWER GARDEN


I have been working on a project at home- digging up my lawn in my small back yard and turning it into a garden at the 2 corners of the yard. I actually started last year but I have had shovel in hand lately taking out more! I thought..."I have to name this". Would I call it an English Garden or maybe a Beatrix Potter or Peter Rabbit Garden?




I know the truth is that this garden is very unimpressive but this is just beginning and the start of something that will bring me great joy!






I also have 2 areas for herbs and found a wonderful rhubarb plant. I like to move my plants all around - if they don't work in one spot I just move them to another! Here in Colorado it is still going down to 40 degrees at night so our maturing time for plants is slow. The good side of that is that plants stay in bloom a long time.

5 comments:

  1. Lovely photos. Those are two plants that I really miss here in the South - lilacs and rhubarb

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun a secret garden! I want one LOL. Happy planting.

    All the best,
    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovin your garden, so inviting... we are in the middle of a hugh rainstorm so I've enjoyed my stroll through your garden... Thank You, xoxo~Kathy~ Up-North

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your garden, it's so sweet and inviting. I'm looking forward to seeing your new photos. My mom had a garden with rhubarb, and she made us the most delicious pies.

    ReplyDelete

I always love your comments and thoughts! If you aren't a blogger yourself you may have difficulties leaving comments. I recommend you go to http://google.com/accounts and open a google account which doesn't mean that you will have a blog (unless you want one)but will make it possible for you to make comments on all blogs! PLEASE USE A NAME in your google account AND NOT "Unknown" !
Sometimes people repost not realizing their comment posted! Go slowly when you post your comment - don't rush! It will not appear until it is approved. If a question is asked I will try to answer it here.