Tuesday, September 22, 2015

APPLE BUTTER SPICE MUFFINS (with Craisins too!)




I am sharing some muffins I baked
 today that 
you might like to try too! 
 They tasted
 great tonight with Goulash!


I am sure you notice those little recipe books at the grocery check out.  I have purchased them in the past and even bought used ones in antique/flea markets.  This recipe was in a 2011 copy.




Ingredients:  1/2 cup sugar, 1 tsp ground cinnamon, 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg, 1/8 tsp ground allspice, 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, also 1/2 cup craisins, 2 cups flour, 2 tsp baking powder, 1/4 tsp salt, 1 cup  milk, 1/4 cup vegetable oil, 1 egg and 1/4 cup apple butter.

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.  I used 12 paper muffin cups

Combine sugar, spices in a large bowl.  In another bowl toss 2 Tb sugar with chopped walnuts and sit aside.   Add flour, baking powder and salt to remaining sugar mix

In a small bowl, mix oil and egg and then pour
 into flour mix.  Stir all.

Spoon 1 heaping Tb of batter into a muffin cup, now spoon 1 Tsp apple butter on top and now another heaping Tb of the mix.  On the top sprinkle the walnuts/sugar combination.  Bake 20 min



5 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhhh those sound so good. I love anything with apple butter. I make my own and have a good supply - I love it on toast so I know I will love these muffins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the looks of those muffins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The muffins sound so good and perfect for Fall! Making the recipe would be a good excuse to buy some apple butter. Goulash sounds perfect, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have so many of those little recipe magazines. My goal is to organize them by recipe one day. Thanks for sharing this muffin recipe. I've never cooked with apple butter before. Perfect muffin for the start of fall! Have a great weekend, Nora

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those muffins look yummy!

    Big Texas Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete

I always love your comments and thoughts! If you aren't a blogger yourself you may have difficulties leaving comments. I recommend you go to http://google.com/accounts and open a google account which doesn't mean that you will have a blog (unless you want one)but will make it possible for you to make comments on all blogs! PLEASE USE A NAME in your google account AND NOT "Unknown" !
Sometimes people repost not realizing their comment posted! Go slowly when you post your comment - don't rush! It will not appear until it is approved. If a question is asked I will try to answer it here.