Wednesday, December 6, 2017

A SNOWLADY TEA

This time of year I always enjoy 
seeing the Snow Lady have 
a special tea time:


I have to say, as we move closer
to Christmas, that I do
 miss the
snow of Colorado!



Downstairs in front of the
sliding glass I set up her
table with some Sugar
Cookies that she loves!
She has invited Mrs. Foxie too.





What would Christmastime
be without Sugar Cookies?
I made these last night using
smaller cookie cutters.





Here is the simple recipe which most
of you no doubt already use: (I wanted
small cookies with definition to them
so I left out the tartar and soda
so they would be flatter.)




RECIPE: 1 cup butter, 1 tsp vanilla, 1 1/2 cups sugar, 3 eggs, 3 1/2 cups sifted
flour, ***2 tsp cream of tartar and 
***1 tsp baking soda and 1/2 tsp salt

Cream the butter and vanilla, add sugar gradually till fluffy.  Add eggs one at a time and beat after each.  Sift dry ingredients together.  Add this to the creamy mix.  Chill 3-4 hours.   Roll on floured surface and cut out with cookie cutters  Bake on ungreased sheet 375 degrees for about 8 minutes.

When cool decorate with icing:  mix 1 cup of confectioners sugar with 1 egg white and several drops of desired food coloring.  You can make up several colors in containers for variety.  Spread over cookie and add sprinkles of choice.

You don't have to buy expensive colored sugar - just put some sugar in a carton add food color of choice and shake.  I keep it in recycled plastic pieces with the little holes
in the top for shaking out. 



If you are interested in a Sugar Cookie
that is moist, here is another recipe: 
 Click here! I have made these
before to and they are very moist.

16 comments:

  1. Your Snow Lady tea is so cute set up in front of the glass doors! I do love your Snowman tea set too. That pattern always charms me although I don't have any pieces. Perhaps one day... We don't have any snow yet either and it suits Hubby and me just fine. It's beautiful but it always wears out its welcome around here. We would enjoy spending the winters down south but with all my health issues that's just not possible. I hope your snow lady and Mr. Fox enjoy their tea today. Thank you for hosting your fun party and have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bernideen, I love the small sugar cookies. I am inspired. Thanks for sharing. Sylvia D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure you do miss the snow during the holidays, Bernideen! I have always loved your Snow Lady and Mrs. Foxie. What a delightful tea they are having today. I wish I could join them for some pretty cookies and tea. Thank you for sharing the recipe with us, and thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bernideen. So cute! I only miss the 30 years spent in snow country at Christmas too...otherwise, not so much! Love your friendly tea party...the foz is my favorite! Thanks for hosting, and for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete

  5. I'm missing snow this time of year also.

    I love Miss Snow Lady and want her sister LOL
    I am wrapping presents tonight and may make some cookies
    however won't have time to ice them before I tire out
    I bought me the most beautiful present ever, I'll try to get a good picture and post it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Bernideen,
    I love your Christmas decor in the Tea Room on your previous post and also the Snow Lady one posted today. That tea set is so precious. I've never seen it. I agree, Snow does add to the Christmas season but it certainly makes it difficult to get around and buy gifts. You have inspired me and I must make some Christmas cookies and squares soon. Thank you for hosting Friends Sharing Tea. Happy December! It is such a fun time to display our pretties! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bernideen, that is a sweet tea party.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Bernideen!What a darling post!Your teaset is unique,I have never seen one like that...it is so sweet and cute!Your cookies are pretty and look yummy.Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a charming tea time! We're still waiting for the first snowfall here. Thank you for hosting and enjoy your sugar cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bernideen, sweet setting! And I love that Mrs Foxie is dressed for the hunt! Good tips on the cookies, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute snow lady you have there. Mr Foxy is quite handsome too. Merry Christmas, Betnideen!....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my! All this is so delightfully fanciful. Love your snow lady! Especially her clothes. Littler cookies is a great idea. I'm going to look for some cutters. I would miss Colorado snow too! Makes me want to go for a drive. Happy tea time! I'm working up to one myself!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sugar cookies are always good, but so fun for a tea party this time of year. What a cute tea party.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun post, and I absolutely love your Snow Lady! She certainly takes tea in style, doesn't she? And I had no idea it was possible to color my own sugar crystals, so thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your snow lady tea! Love the whimsy more and more the older I get! Thanks for the recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your basement tea room would be way too much fun to play in! You even have that great natural light for the photos! Enjoyed this post. Thanks for sharing and hosting! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

I always love your comments and thoughts! If you aren't a blogger yourself you may have difficulties leaving comments. I recommend you go to http://google.com/accounts and open a google account which doesn't mean that you will have a blog (unless you want one)but will make it possible for you to make comments on all blogs! PLEASE USE A NAME in your google account AND NOT "Unknown" !
Sometimes people repost not realizing their comment posted! Go slowly when you post your comment - don't rush! It will not appear until it is approved. If a question is asked I will try to answer it here.