Thursday, January 17, 2019

AN ORANGE-BUTTERMILK TART from Victoria's 2018 September Issue

I have been saving a copy of a recipe since
last fall to make the Orange-Buttermilk Tart
I saw in the September issue of Victoria. 




This dessert called for a 10" tart pan with
removeable bottom and sure enough, I
had one.  I love trying some of the
 recipes I see in Victoria.  Sometimes it takes
 me a while to get to each recipe I copy 
and lay it aside but eventually I
am ready to try it.






Isn't Johnson Brothers "Friendly Village"
ever so friendly. It is more perfect than ever
this winter with our snowy season. 


The snow we had last weekend put a bit
of a damper on my daily outdoor walk.
I finally realized everyone had shoveled
their walks on my side of the street so 
today I got out and just walked up and
down the long street 5 times.  Since it is
a rather steep hill I figured that counted
for a little more too.



We have been told that another snow storm
will be here this weekend.  This is most
unusual for our area of Missouri. 
 When I was out earlier
the creek sounded like a raging river
from all the snow .

I hope you are off to a wonderful New
Year and have found many things
to keep yourself busy this winter.  I could
 make some suggestions but perhaps you have
already figured that out.


Here is the recipe for Orange-Buttermilk Tart:

You can use your own pie recipe
 for the dough for a 
single pie shell or tart.


You can order Victoria books here:

and follow Victoria on Facebook!

(Recipe used here with permission
from Victoria Magazine)

and I added a little more bling to my
New Year/Valentines mantle today:






12 comments:

  1. Your Tea Time is so adorable...I would love to have tea with you in your cozy home!Your J.B.tea set is stunning and that recipe looks delicious.Here the weather is too hot,at about 40°Celsius,almost unbearable...Hugs,dear Bernideen!Hugs,Maristella.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tart looks delicious, thanks for sharing the recipe!
    Trying new recipes for baking is an excellent way to spend a very cold winter,
    I also like to work on my neglected needlework.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was imagining this with an almond tart crust....that would be just so delicious----thanks for the heads up on the recipe. Lovely setting and 'Friendly Village' is definitely a keeper. Some of the pieces are really gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tart looks and sounds heavenly and a bit of brightness to wintertime, Bernideen. Your mantle looks so pretty, and of course, I LOVE JB Friendly Village, which is perfect for this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tart looks delicious and your home looks inviting. Stay warm in the storm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your lemon tart looks wonderful, Bernideen! I just took a batch of biscuits from the oven for our turkey soup this evening. I have some of my Friendly Village displayed on the little green cabinet in the kitchen for the winter. Of course, I left one of my faux snow trimmed trees on the tray with them. It looks nice. We are getting a mess tomorrow and into Monday. The first really big storm for 2019. Hopefully we don't lose our power because we're getting a lot of ice with it. Ugh! Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cozy tea time. I've always been a fan of the Friendly Village pattern.

    I'm enjoying the weekend snowstorm now. Glad that I don't have to venture outdoors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bernideen, I want to sit right down by that lovely table and have a slice of tart and cup of tea with you. I wanted to be sure to pick up that issue of Victoria but fooled around and didn't do it. I'll make that recipe, using the pastry recipe in my Banana Cream Pie post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Almond tart sounds and looks delicious... Yes siree... there are a lot of fab recipes in those old Victoria magazines... of course your pictures make my mouth water... I'd love cosy up in your lovely living room to enjoy a little piece along with with tea with you....Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need to get back to baking more often. I am trying to keep my carbs low, but I can make this low carb by using a nutflour crust and changing out the sugar for xylitol. It would be delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Teatime in front of a cozy fire sounds like the perfect occasion. We have gass logs, so we indulge in a cozy fire frequently. Love the idea of this cozy setting!

    ReplyDelete

I always love your comments and thoughts! If you aren't a blogger yourself you may have difficulties leaving comments. I recommend you go to http://google.com/accounts and open a google account which doesn't mean that you will have a blog (unless you want one)but will make it possible for you to make comments on all blogs! PLEASE USE A NAME in your google account AND NOT "Unknown" !
Sometimes people repost not realizing their comment posted! Go slowly when you post your comment - don't rush! It will not appear until it is approved. If a question is asked I will try to answer it here.