Tuesday, June 4, 2019

DEVONSHIRE TEAPOT for "Tea In The Garden"


With temperatures in the 70's and lower
80's we know we should enjoy this lovely
weather while we can so why not
 set up a little tea time in the garden?






I have set up our little tea
 on the patio
underneath the deck.






I have been so excited to recently
find my teapot I was looking for a long
time.  The pattern is Devonshire brown 
which was one of Johnson Brothers old
1940's patterns.  The transferware  design
is reminiscent of the 1870-1880 Aesthetic
 Period of the Victorian Era.  They were
recently featured in the March/April
issue of Victoria magazine.


My garden has left spring behind now and
is "recharging" for summer.  It is very green but now we are waiting for the hydrangeas to take off.   I have found some of the Endless Summer ones that are in the shade are starting to bloom.  They really aren't
 fond of the Missouri July and  August heat that stays in the mid to upper 90's.





The hollyhocks have come up by our mailbox:



There are pink, white, peach, and fuchsia ones!



I hope you enjoyed our tea in the garden today!

 We enjoyed seeing our Grandson
 Pete Canfield graduate  from High 
School recently with a full scholarship
 to the University of Missouri.



Out in blogland I saw at least
 one other lovely Tea In The Garden:




8 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your grandson...a full scholarship...very impressive!

    The garden looks lovely and you have, once again. created a wonderful tea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden is such a lovely place for a tea. I love the Devonshire Brown pieces. Also, I wouldn't wonder if the postman's favorite stop might be yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bernideen
    Thank you for linking my blog. You’re so kind. I love your tea time today. Congratulations to your grandson on graduation and scholarship! Such an accomplishment. Have a Wonderful week! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love when I find something I’ve been looking for to add to a collection! Your garden looks great! You’re a head of us here in Pennsylvania!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bernideen, that's a pattern I've never seen. Quite a find! Congratulations to your grandson.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to your grandson!

    Love the teapot and its matching tea sets. The pretty pattern reminds me of the Margaret pattern by Johnson Brothers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd love to join you for tea in your beautiful garden, Bernideen! That Johnson Brother pattern is so pretty. I think I need some hollyhocks, as they add such a cottage charm! Congratulations to your grandson...what an accomplishment to get a full scholarship!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful tea in your garden.
    Congratulations to your grandson.

    ReplyDelete

I always love your comments and thoughts! If you aren't a blogger yourself you may have difficulties leaving comments. I recommend you go to http://google.com/accounts and open a google account which doesn't mean that you will have a blog (unless you want one)but will make it possible for you to make comments on all blogs! PLEASE USE A NAME in your google account AND NOT "Unknown" !
Sometimes people repost not realizing their comment posted! Go slowly when you post your comment - don't rush! It will not appear until it is approved. If a question is asked I will try to answer it here.