Wednesday, August 5, 2020

A LONELY UNUSED TEA ROOM

I imagine I am not alone in saying that
I am very sad that with the Pandemic I
have not been able to use my downstairs
personal tearoom.  This has been a big
disappointment as I am sure numerous
teas could have been history down here by now.


Up on top are some of
my collection of birdhouses:


Last year I divided this wall of shelving 
 into many little tea time vignettes
using various themes.


Then a shelf for Jane Austen with my Royal
Winton yellow chintz sold years ago by Victoria magazine.   I used one of the shelves for Downton Abbey with 
cookbooks and one of my decoupage clipboards along with a Spode
 Duberry coffee pot, cream and sugar.  


Then there are lots of other favorites
like Anne of Green Gables
and my collection of antique Bibles:


That is my Gideon Bible above given
to me in public elementary school in 1959.


Above of course - I made room for
 Tasha Tudor two shelves up above!

The Titanic below is always a theme that
interested me.  See the Titanic Salt and Pepper Shakers that split into?  




 My Chocolate pots are displayed to
 the top left below and of
course I love Beatrix Potter
one of my what not shelves in the room:


A few tins and hat boxes on top feature
the art of Edith Holden from the
Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady.

I certainly understand that this cottage
style isn't everyone's "Cup of Tea" as they say.
I personally do not like beads, feathers
 or what is commonly referred to as
 Frou Frou Victorian.

9 comments:

  1. Enjoyed all your themed shelves. A Gideon Bible from Public School. Those were different days for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Bible from public schools, those were good days with more guidance for children. I love your wall of teacups and tea pots and the themes. I want to visit you and share a cup. I watched an hour long Tasha Tudor documentary this week, chats with her in her home and gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely adore this fantastic shelf unit and how you have style it with all things related to Tea!! Gorgeous!! I too miss not being able to invite friends over for lunch or afternoon Tea....Thanks for sharing!! It definitely brightened my day!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the specific themes for such artistically arranged shelves! What a room full of treasures. I think I would just sit down there with a cup of tea and admire each and every shelf!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love seeing your collections...like everyone else...missed birthdays, graduations, funerals, anniversaries..., this is the weekend we usually attend a huge neighborhood brunch which I have posted on the blog. Besides blog-fodder, it is the one time of year everyone is able to visit together, usually the traveling New Years celebration is smaller as so many are out of town with their families.

    Your room is so lovely, and the little themes are perfect for telling the story of 'tea' and a more congenial way of life. But, it will be worth it, if we can keep the infection rate down, especially for the aged and vulnerable. HUGS, Bernideen...and you are having a 'tea' with us every time you post! Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure so many of your friends have missed the teas you provided in the
    first years in Missouri. Thank you for sharing with us on the blog, as
    I truly enjoyed seeing the eye candy you have. It is a remarkable collection
    you have worked on for years, so delicate and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your collections. Tell me about the tall pot on the Downton Abbey shelf. I have seen it in Instagram, but don't know the maker. I don't care for the frou frou either.

    ReplyDelete

I always love your comments and thoughts! If you aren't a blogger yourself you may have difficulties leaving comments. I recommend you go to http://google.com/accounts and open a google account which doesn't mean that you will have a blog (unless you want one)but will make it possible for you to make comments on all blogs! PLEASE USE A NAME in your google account AND NOT "Unknown" !
Sometimes people repost not realizing their comment posted! Go slowly when you post your comment - don't rush! It will not appear until it is approved. If a question is asked I will try to answer it here.