Tuesday, January 11, 2022

CHERRY TARTS & TEA IN THE KITCHEN

 The kitchen at our house is the perfect
spot for tea because there is a fireplace
we turn on with the flip of a switch.
Sometimes we walk in the door and
that's the first thing to happen to take
the chill out of the air.



So let's enjoy a cup of tea and a little
cherry tart.  You can make up the recipe for
the butter shells and freeze them so they
 are ready to use when you need them.

and here. I recommend you make them
up on a day when you really don't plan
to need them.  Then, freeze them taking
out whatever you need for your occasion.
Today I just put some canned cherry pie filling in these with a little whipped
 cream on top but of course you could 
make your own various types of filling.

The recipe in the link actually makes
around 100 shells in the mini muffins
tins.



We are using my English Devonshire brown
transferware by Johnson Brothers.


We were at the market today and I 
found some sweet flowers.  Please pour
yourself a cup of tea.  Winter is really
just getting started so this is a good time
to think about some indoor hobbies or
crafting.  Perhaps you like to bake.
There are so many things to keep us busy.








9 comments:

  1. What a beautiful table setting. The flowers on the tea pot match rather well with the bouquet. I have a large cross stitch project I thought I would start this winter. However, I have spent more time trying to read instead. Just can't get in the mood, I think because the weather has been just clear enough and raining that I don't feel like snowy weather indoor projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful table you have set; with the pretty dishes and lovely flowers. What a joy to see such flowers in the winter time. Your cherry tarts look fancy and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello and thank you for this post. It really brightened my day. Your tea set and table is is lovely. Have a warm as cozy day and thanks again for sharing. xo, V.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love your transferware! The colors are so beautiful and deep. I love that! Your table is beautiful and I am there in spirit for sure. A fire place in your kitchen, be still my heart! Bernideen do you remember Montegue's Tea Room? They had a fireplace there with a switch to pop on the fireplace. Dan and I would go there and always try to get the table right in front of it. Oh so warm, toasty and romantic! Thank you for the recipe for the butter tart shells. They look perfect. Stay warm. P.S. snow coming so I will be doing some Brazilain Embroidery work on Ralph Lauren White wool. XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Johnson Bros set is so pretty, Bernideen. Yes, I’d love to pull up a chair, pour a cup nod tea and have a tart by your cozy fire. Have a cozy week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year, Bernideen! My, what a sweet post! Those little tarts are lovely and make a delightful tea time! Your table looks so pretty with the tablecloth on it. My hubby gets annoyed if I leave the table cloth on. So, I generally take my pictures and then put the table cloth away. *giggles* Have to keep the guys happy, don't we? I'm outnumbered too because when my family is here, they don't like the tablecloth either. Men!! Lol I have copied your recipe for the tart shells. It would be nice to have some ready for use in a pinch! Thank you for sharing and have a wonderful January.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely tea time and table and chair setting in front of the windows! And the cherry tarts are so delightful! I love your tea set too! This was perfect for a wintry day! Now I want to have a tea party too. Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Bernideen! Oh, I've just found your blog again. I stopped blogging but missed it so much but my old blog in the mean time got messed up and I started another one! I lost my blog list too. Now, Your table setting is so pretty! I love your dishes and the pretty floral in the milk glass container. I wish you a happy new year and I pray you're doing well.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete

I always love your comments and thoughts! If you aren't a blogger yourself you may have difficulties leaving comments. I recommend you go to http://google.com/accounts and open a google account which doesn't mean that you will have a blog (unless you want one)but will make it possible for you to make comments on all blogs! PLEASE USE A NAME in your google account AND NOT "Unknown" !
Sometimes people repost not realizing their comment posted! Go slowly when you post your comment - don't rush! It will not appear until it is approved. If a question is asked I will try to answer it here.