Saturday, January 29, 2022

SPANISH CAKE FROM THE ENGLISH KITCHEN

There are some amazing food blogs
on line and one I enjoy is Marie's



She now lives in Canada and 
her blog is very popular.  She
is also on Face Book which she
uses to point people to her blog.



Yesterday I saw her recipe that caught
 my eye for a little Spanish Cake with cinnamon and maple extract and nuts
 (I used pecans).  I went right to the kitchen after printing it out
 and we had some with our dinner and 
sent some to our "more senior than us"
 neighbors.  That sounds funny but
 seriously, he is 93 years old.


Marie's recipe was for one small cake
so I just multiplied the ingredients by four
and made a 2 layer cake.




Please help yourself to a slice and
have a cup of tea.


We are having a sunny January Day
and enjoying the brightness even
though it is very cold.  As I look
out on our fish pond all frozen
I feel sorry for the fish who just lie
still down at the bottom.


As January comes to a close
I hope you stay healthy and
happy.  Maybe you are already
in the kitchen getting ready to bake!

3 comments:

  1. The cake looks yummy! I showed it to Dan and he said, "her husband is a lucky man!" hahaha We are on a diet right now, so he's a little moody! The tea setting is so inviting. The delicate design on the cake server is really pretty too! Big hug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your teatime looks beautiful, Bernideen. I like Marie’s recipes, too, and your cake looks fabulous. Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I follow Marie's blog too...I even bought her brand new cookbook called The Best of British Baking - and it really is! I will try that cake this week. Delish!

    ReplyDelete

I always love your comments and thoughts! If you aren't a blogger yourself you may have difficulties leaving comments. I recommend you go to http://google.com/accounts and open a google account which doesn't mean that you will have a blog (unless you want one)but will make it possible for you to make comments on all blogs! PLEASE USE A NAME in your google account AND NOT "Unknown" !
Sometimes people repost not realizing their comment posted! Go slowly when you post your comment - don't rush! It will not appear until it is approved. If a question is asked I will try to answer it here.