Saturday, May 20, 2023

BABY BLUEBIRDS for "Tea In The Garden"

 

What a beautiful day to set up a 
little "Tea In The Garden" outside
and share with you my joy of seeing
five baby bluebirds being fed by
their parents on our deck this morning.




As you can see the baby on the lower
right above, is still working on
turning blue.



Today it is a perfect weather scenario
with temperatures in the 70's and after
3 days of much needed on and off 
rain, we have
some lovely sunshine.







I have had the teapot and cups
and saucers for a long time now.
 

So the bluebirds are hanging around
the yard because we have a feeder
with meal worms in it.  I think
Sparrows took over the blue birdhouse
though which is disappointing.






Sparrows have taken over so
many of our birdhouses.


I hope you have a lovely weekend.
This last photo is terrible as it was
taken from inside the house through
dirty screens and windows but it
is fun to see 3 of the 5 baby birds:



6 comments:

  1. What a sunny sight with your tea. The babies are a delight. Our first set are on their own and the second set of eggs are being well taken care of . We have had late frost and cool nights. Your flowers are always an uplift for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love bluebirds and peonies and I even like a 'spot' of tea from time to time. Loved your post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful to see all those bluebirds in your garden! I think I’ve told you that the only blue birds I see are bluejays. Your tea is always so romantic looking, Bernideen. I so admire how you style everything so perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! I love the tea set! How perfect for a tea party with the baby bluebirds! Our baby bluebirds may have left the nest today because I haven't seen the parents coming and going to the birdhouse to feed them. Yesterday the babies were poking their heads out of the hole to watch for them, but today there has been no noticeable activity, so they must have left when I wasn't watching! How nice that yours hang around in the garden for a while. Ours seem to disappear as soon as they fledge. But it's probably for the best as there are hawks flying around watching for them, so I think the babies are kept hidden for a while. Thank you again for sharing your lovely garden and tea party with us. I love that china!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous !
    Having Bluebirds make their home in your garden is a special kind of sweetness.
    I always enjoy seeing your glorious garden and pretty tea pots.
    Hugs,
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. How delightful!

    I love these sweet birds, and your choice of tea set is perfect!

    Beautiful days in the garden.

    ReplyDelete

I always love your comments and thoughts! If you aren't a blogger yourself you may have difficulties leaving comments. I recommend you go to http://google.com/accounts and open a google account which doesn't mean that you will have a blog (unless you want one)but will make it possible for you to make comments on all blogs! PLEASE USE A NAME in your google account AND NOT "Unknown" !
Sometimes people repost not realizing their comment posted! Go slowly when you post your comment - don't rush! It will not appear until it is approved. If a question is asked I will try to answer it here.