Friday, May 5, 2023

TOO MANY SPARROWS for "Tea In The Garden"

 This is the time of year that I hear 
that sweet little house wren sing.
I love that sound. 


 Alas, a battle for birdhouse
occupancy has been raging at our
 house.  It has been very unpleasant. 
 The sparrow can't even fit inside
 the wren house(just stick his head in)
 and still he runs away the house wren.


So I have done the unthinkable and
moved the sparrow occupied houses
(that have the bigger holes) closer to
the backyard - yes, one even with
 babies in it.


So let's enjoy a cup of tea here in
the garden while I settle down 
after complaining about
my situation.


The daffodils are gone and also
the tulips except for a couple.
We now have the irises blooming,
and the alliums. The lilacs are
close to gone.



It's a lovely day to be outside.




I hope you enjoy the very old
Victoria magazines as much
as I do.







It has been such a 
pleasure to have bluebirds
 coming and going to our
deck and watching them
 go back to the blue
 birdhouse in our backyard.









I hope you are having a wonderful
springtime!


6 comments:

  1. Perfect! I am glad that you moved the sparrows to the country (the back forty). No need to put up with their obnoxious ways. So interesting how quickly your flowers have come and gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love your garden! That is such a beautiful bouquet. I'm enjoying spring through your blooms since my little garden beds are still very early although I have irises about to bloom. Yay! Lovely garden tea setting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always enjoy a walk thru your garden. The flowers are incredible and so is you tea in the garden. I am sorry to say, when the house sparrows nest in our blue bird boxes, I throw out the eggs and that makes them move on. They are an invasive bird.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the same wren vs sparrow issue too, it's so sad! Good idea to change the sparrows box location. Love your tea setup, it's so beautiful and delightful! We are just beginning our spring bloom parade here with the daffodils, and now tulips beginning to bloom. Such a wonderful time of year! Enjoyed you lovely tea garden post so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your garden/yard is so very lovely. I love the irises...we can't grow those here in Florida either. Your tea table is beautiful. Those crazy sparrows just want to take over the whole yard I guess. I am glad you moved them out where they won't be a nuisance. I don't know that we have any sparrows actually nesting in our area. We did have quite a few here a few weeks ago...maybe they were on their way to your house! We have our 2nd batch of bluebirds in one birdhouse right now. I enjoy seeing the bluebirds come and go with their vibrant blue feathers. Maybe if the sparrows had prettier coats they wouldn't be so obnoxious! LOL. Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you in moving the sparrows! I have so many doves that eat me out of birdseed. I finally took the bottom tray off to see if that helps. The squirrels have even been eating the hot bird seed that they’re not supposed to like. It’s a battle! How wonderful to see bluebirds. I only get bluejays. Your tea as always is so lovely.

    ReplyDelete

I always love your comments and thoughts! If you aren't a blogger yourself you may have difficulties leaving comments. I recommend you go to http://google.com/accounts and open a google account which doesn't mean that you will have a blog (unless you want one)but will make it possible for you to make comments on all blogs! PLEASE USE A NAME in your google account AND NOT "Unknown" !
Sometimes people repost not realizing their comment posted! Go slowly when you post your comment - don't rush! It will not appear until it is approved. If a question is asked I will try to answer it here.