Tuesday, August 29, 2023

WHEN THE SUMMER HEAT SOARS, MOVE THE FURNITURE

 Recently I have pestered my husband
with the idea of bringing up the old
buffet from downstairs to place between
the kitchen and dining area.  This piece
is bulky but fun too as a place to serve
food when we have guests and decorate
seasonally .  It was quite a challenge
for he and I to pull (him) and push (me) this up the stairs to the wall where I formerly had a china display
(converted from an armoire).


I realize that this means the dining 
area is more crowded now but I can
live with that.  This room is rather
strange in that one side is a kitchen
area and one side is a dining area
with no wall in between.  You can
see the buffet around the corner to
the right.







And this is the other side:


Of course this is where Hubby and
I  eat our meals:


So now with that all done and cooler 
temps this week, I hope to get out
and set up a "Tea In The Garden".

In the meantime....I do have a
bouquet on the porch:



7 comments:

  1. That cabinet is lovely. I had to smile at how you described you and your husband pushing and pulling up the stairs. Been there and done that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a lovely home! I love how you put design ideas into action... literally. The buffet is a perfect fit for that wall. I know we'll enjoy seeing the upcoming decor displays, especially as the holiday season draws near. Great job kudos to you and hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The placement for the buffet looks perfect! I read the part about you and hubby pushing and pulling up the stairs to my hubby! He laughed with me because it sounds just like us. The things they do for us because they love us! Bless the Lord! Your house is so inviting and the table looks gorgeous! Love all of the windows and the chandelier! love, Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a feat for you and your hubby to get that cabinet up the stairs! I love it there and will be wonderful for seasonal displays. Everything looks beautiful as always, Bernideen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That bouquet is gorgeous, that cabinet is also…what a lovely, welcoming home you’ve created…thanks for sharing!
    xo, V.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bernideen, I love that piece in its new spot! I'm not one to rearrange furniture myself, but my sister did it frequently—even though her husband didn't like coming home to find everything out of its, to his mind, proper place!

    ReplyDelete

I always love your comments and thoughts! If you aren't a blogger yourself you may have difficulties leaving comments. I recommend you go to http://google.com/accounts and open a google account which doesn't mean that you will have a blog (unless you want one)but will make it possible for you to make comments on all blogs! PLEASE USE A NAME in your google account AND NOT "Unknown" !
Sometimes people repost not realizing their comment posted! Go slowly when you post your comment - don't rush! It will not appear until it is approved. If a question is asked I will try to answer it here.