Friday, April 12, 2024

PANSY TIME IS HERE


We have been enjoying all the spring
flowers this year and certainly pansies
are always a special delight so it was
time for a pansy themed table
setting.
 

 A pansy tea cozy was needed
for the table.  This one is made
from an old table runner.  I
wonder who embroidered this old
piece?


The backside is just
as pretty as the
front.


I was never what I call a 
"long 
term project" person.

I can only imagine the hours
spent on embroidery after
watching my Grandmother
sitting in her chair working
away.  Back in the 70's she gave me 
the ice tea glasses on the table
which were from the 50's.


The plates with pansies on them are
Crown Dorset from England.  The pansy
teapot in the center below is a
Crown Dorset also.




I also collect violet tea wares and
actually I have more of those
pieces collected.


I love old linens and appreciate the
skills and patience of those who
left them behind for us to enjoy.




When we think of spring there
is a succession of how the bulbs
bloom and flowers arrive but
truly everyone loves the
arrival of pansies.




I am hoping to get back out
in the garden for another
tea time vignette.




This tea cozy is not for sale.

2 comments:

  1. Pansies are such a joy to see their faces. The tea cozy is indeed cheerful and yes, what time and embroidery skill went into that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your springtime decorations are stunning. Our grandmother's were true artisans.
    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete

I always love your comments and thoughts! If you aren't a blogger yourself you may have difficulties leaving comments. I recommend you go to http://google.com/accounts and open a google account which doesn't mean that you will have a blog (unless you want one)but will make it possible for you to make comments on all blogs! PLEASE USE A NAME in your google account AND NOT "Unknown" !
Sometimes people repost not realizing their comment posted! Go slowly when you post your comment - don't rush! It will not appear until it is approved. If a question is asked I will try to answer it here.