Thursday, July 11, 2013

CRISPY CHEDDAR CHICKEN




I have seen this recipe several times on Facebook lately and couldn't wait to try it.  I really think 5 large chicken breasts would feed at least 6-8  people.  My pictures are showing most of the chicken in this pyrex dish but I also went ahead and froze part of this recipe which was enough for two people for later.



CRISPY CHEDDAR CHICKEN:  You will need 5 large chicken breasts, 2 sleeves Ritz crackers, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp pepper, 1 cup milk, 3 cups cheddar cheese, grated, 1 Tb dried ground parsley

For the sauce: 1 - 14 oz can cream of chicken soup, 1/2 cup sour cream, 3 Tb butter and 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese.  When chicken is almost done, heat in saucepan to serve over cooked chicken dish.


Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Cut each chicken breast into 3 sections.  I used a bread kneader to chop up the crackers in a bowl until they were fine.  Using 3 bowls: pour in milk, shredded cheese and cracker crumbs with salt and pepper.  Dip the chicken into each of the bowls beginning with the milk. Lay into a 9 x 13 pyrex pan which has been sprayed with pam  Sprinkle remaining cheese and parsley on top of chicken.
Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes at 400 degrees.  Remove foil and bake 10 more minutes.




Creamed Cabbage With Bacon and Ham:  You will need 4 slices bacon fried crisp, 1/2 cup diced cooked ham, 1/2 cup chopped onion, 7 cups chopped cabbage and 1/2 cup heavy cream
Saute onion in 1 tsp bacon grease
In a large pot, layer onion, crumbled bacon, ham and chopped cabbage and heavy cream.  Simmer till cabbage is tender stirring occasionally.

8 comments:

  1. I think my husband would love that. I shall have to try. Thanks, Bernideen!

    Your tablescape looks lovely, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of your recipes look delicious Bernideen and we eat a fair bit of chicken so it's nice to find new ways to prepare it.
    I like the pink glassware you're serving on.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Bernideen....that would be yummy!!! Your presentation is lovely, too.
    Hope your week has been extraordinary!
    p.s. My thumbnails aren't showing up...but I'm hoping they're there. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I do love a chicken recipe, Bernideen. I like your pink dishware too. Thank you for the lovely surprise of featuring my Rhubarb Pudding; very gracious of you. Thank you for sharing at my HOME and have a beautiful weekend.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bernideen! Your chicken dish looks delish and so does the cabbage. Yum! Thanks for hosting you wonderful party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks delicious, Bernideen! We enjoy chicken and have it frequently so this is a good add to my recipe box!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Bernideen, Well then - this looks so delicious - we love cabbage - Dearest would love this dinner! I do appreciate you hosting,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

I always love your comments and thoughts! If you aren't a blogger yourself you may have difficulties leaving comments. I recommend you go to http://google.com/accounts and open a google account which doesn't mean that you will have a blog (unless you want one)but will make it possible for you to make comments on all blogs! PLEASE USE A NAME in your google account AND NOT "Unknown" !
Sometimes people repost not realizing their comment posted! Go slowly when you post your comment - don't rush! It will not appear until it is approved. If a question is asked I will try to answer it here.