Wednesday, August 2, 2017

AUGUST ARRIVES for "Tea In The Garden"

The month of August is here!


 I set up a little tea time in the garden!
Please pour yourself some tea and let
me show you a lovely book. 


We have some
 Cream Cheese Brownies 
to go with our tea!






I have been enjoying the book "Mrs Sharp's
Traditions" by Sarah Ban Breathnach.
It is a wonderful book about reviving Victorian
Family Celebrations of comfort and joy.




It is so wonderful to have our own
flowers for various bouquets!





Here is the recipe for these brownies:

You will need:  3 eggs, 6 Tb soft butter, 1 cup of sugar divided 3/4 cup and 1/4 cup - 3 Tsp vanilla extract, 1/2 cup of flour, 1/3 cup cocoa and 6 oz cream cheese softened

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Separate 2 eggs putting each white in a  separate bowl (save yolks for something else).  In a small bow, beat the butter and 3/4 cup of sugar until crumbly.  Beat in the whole egg, one egg white and vanilla until combined well.  Mix flour and cocoa and gradually add to the egg mix until blended.  Pour into an 8 x 8 pan or 7 x 9 which has been sprayed with Pam.  In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining 1/4 cup sugar and 1 egg white.  Drop by spoon fulls on top and swirl in with a knife.  Bake 25-30 minutes until edges pull away from the sides of the pan.  After I got the brownies done I wished I had added chopped pecans - maybe 2/3 cup or so.  This recipe was originally from Taste of Home and I have modified it a bit!

11 comments:

  1. What a beautiful tea in the garden, Bernideen. I love your quilted table covering, and your pretty dishes and floral arrangement. I would love to take a brownie and a cup of tea before I leave your garden party. Thank you for hosting, Bernideen, and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful tea, in a lovely setting! I so enjoy these posts, Bernideen! I hope to make tea time a regular post on my blog! I'll definitely join in here when I do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!Love your wonderful porcelain figurines!Exquisite teaset,so gorgeous!A Breathtaking Tea in the Garden,with beautiful books and flowers.Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your garden floral arrangement. So lush and beautiful. I bought that book many years ago and often enjoy looking through it for inspiration and a little bit of loveliness. xo Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bernideen,
    Another beautiful tea setting for Tea in the Garden this week! I love the white hydrangeas and the dear teapot and teacup. Your brownie recipe looks delish. I know that you have a pink Sadler crinoline lady like the one that I am sharing today. I just love them! The treasure hunt begins! Lol! Thank you for hosting! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where did July go?!? I always enjoy your lovely tea in the gardens. I'm salivating over your cream cheese brownies. Thank you for hosting and stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that is one of my favorite books! I've had it since the kids were little and used to do some of the traditions with them because of the book!
    Gorgeous tea setting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bernideen, such a beautiful setting. And I so envy you your garden with all the wonderful flowers for your arrangements. Your brownies look delicious. My cake is a big make-ahead feeds-a-crowd freezes-beautifully cake that is shallow and lends itself to being cut into no-fork-needed 1.5-inch squares for the three-tiered stand. Thank you for the lovely party!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your bouquet. That reminds me, I do believe I have that book somewhere on my shelf. Must run and find it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Would love to have a tea party in your backyard...so inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's beautiful!! Looks like a movie set. Reminds me of Anne of Green Gables. I love that movie!

    ReplyDelete

I always love your comments and thoughts! If you aren't a blogger yourself you may have difficulties leaving comments. I recommend you go to http://google.com/accounts and open a google account which doesn't mean that you will have a blog (unless you want one)but will make it possible for you to make comments on all blogs! PLEASE USE A NAME in your google account AND NOT "Unknown" !
Sometimes people repost not realizing their comment posted! Go slowly when you post your comment - don't rush! It will not appear until it is approved. If a question is asked I will try to answer it here.