Wednesday, November 8, 2017

SHARING TEA BOOKS

I love tea books and no matter how many
 I have, I always seem to find another.
These are my cookbooks:




And this area is just for tea books:





Emilie Barnes has gone to be with
 the Lord but she left us with 
 many wonderful teatime books.
  I had the privilege of meeting her
 one time  when she was speaking 
at Glen Eyrie  in Colorado Springs. 
 She told me she had asked if there
 were any tea loving shops around
 and was told  about mine. 
 She talked with my 
husband and I a good hour and 
what a wonderful and humble
 woman of God!  This  book will give
 you so many ideas for Christmastime
 Teas!  This next book is also by
 Emilie and is both practical,
 inspirational and full 
of ideas for tea time celebrations.



The next one I am sharing is "English Tea & Cakes" which is a tea recipe book and has many ideas for tea parties and menus.



Back in 1991 Victoria Magazine came out 
with this next book and it has always been
beloved - "The Charms of Tea" will
 always
be a book you can get lost in...



I remember many years ago being 
very excited to find the same table 
topper that I had seen in
 "The Charms of Tea".

"Let's Have Tea Together" was a sweet
 Holly Pond Hill book by Susan Wheeler.  The photos are darling and the book
 moves through the seasons
 to delight children:



And another Susan Wheeler book "Tea
With Victoria Rose" came out years ago
and was offered at that time with
a small child's teaset.  And I had to
laugh as all this time - I didn't notice
before but the inside of both of 
these books......is the same!



Now I want to share "Tea With Jane Austen" 
because so many of you love Jane's books and the movies made from them:



Kim Wilson's book above has lots 
of fun tea trivia that surrounded 
Jane's life and recipes and ideas.

So now the last one I am sharing
takes us back to Emilie Barnes
and her precious book "The Little
Teacup That Talked"  This is still
available and is a wonderful
and meaningful book for a child:


Well, these are just a few of the books here
as we could spend all day going through
many more but I hope I at least presented
one of two you weren't familiar with!

20 comments:

  1. Good morning Bernideen! You have a lot of books! But I suppose we do too although we have given many away in the past year because we thought we were down-sizing. That has been put on hold for now.
    I don't have a lot of tea books but the ones I do have I love. Emilie Barnes is always a favourite of course. It is very cold here today and Autumn is fast becoming wintertime. On a really cold day there is nothing nicer than sipping a hot cup of tea and reading a book by the fire. Thank you for your lovely party and enjoy this day.

    Hugs,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love seeing your teabooks. Oh my! You have a lot. Tea books are always such a temptation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bernideen- What a wonderful library of teatime treasures you have there. You always do the most beautiful posts with your tea cups and just all the settings you do for your tea rituals. Beautiful!

    Have a wonderful day- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bernideen. What a great collection! I have quite a few too...pretty hard to pass up, aren't they? The Tea With Jane Austen and the Victoria tea books are my favorites, but it is hard to choose between so many wonderful options! Thanks for hosting and also for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea
    !
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bernideen! I so loved seeing all your books and some of your favorite tea time books. I would so love to browse through your collection. Your vignettes are so beautiful, too. Thank you so very much for hosting your gentle party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bernideen - you have a wonderful collection of tea books - WOW!

    I love to grab a cuppa and grab my basket of mine and just look through them now and again - I keep them in a guest room in a guest can't sleep. : - )

    Thanks for the party - so happy to be joining in the fun.

    Hugs. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Bernideen!What a great collection!Love your Tea books!Thanks for hosting!Beautiful vignettes,so charming the way you showed your books.Love the brown(calico?)teacup.Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Bernideen,
    I have been seeing your Antique Shop display come up on FB and also your beautiful tea cozies. I do wish I could visit your booth at the antique mall. Your collection of tea books is amazing today! Thank you for hosting Friends Sharing Tea. Blessings, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Each tea book you picked is wonderful and a few I also have! Your tea book collection is extensive. The beautiful bookcases add so much charm. My favorite tea book is “If Teacups Could Talk” and love to read it over and over. My husband has a hiugh collection of Kennedy assaination books being in Dallas and a history major. He has taken the book shelves in the office, I really enjoyed seeing your post on your beautiful space at the antique mall in Columbia. We always stop there when we are traveling in Missouri! Thanks for hosting!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bernideen, I love your cookbook collection and its special tea book section. Glad I have a teatime recipe to add to the party this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bernideen, I always visit all the tea friends here, but I can never comment on Thelma's posts as she has Google+ commenting. I like to remind everyone that when you have Google+ commenting, only people who are on Google+ can leave a comment, and lots and lots of us are not on it. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bernideen, how awesome is your book collection! I love cookbooks and tea books. I too have been collecting and they are fun to cook out of and look through! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those books really inspire a tea break today! Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for sharing your wonderful collection of tea books. I only have a handful of tea books but your post has inspired me to read some tonight! Thank you for hosting, Bernideen.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would love to browse through those books, Bernideen. I bet they have lots of pretty pictures too. I think I only have less than 5 tea books. Thanks for hosting!...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  16. I dearly loved Emilie Barnes and hope to have tea with her one day in heaven. I want to thank her for how she mentored me, through her books. I have many of them.

    ReplyDelete
  17. My goodness you have a lot of tea books and cookbooks! Last winter I gave away most of my cookbooks to a younger friend who loves to cook. Trying to downsize! I enjoyed seeing your collection! Thank you for hosting your party!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love tea - themed books and have a great many of them. Your blog is always interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow many many books.. I just have a few, but none of what you shared. I was able to find one on thrift books.. The one English Teas and Cakes.. I'm excited to receive it.. I so love visiting with you to see your lovely tea things and garden etc, thank you for sharing such lovely things.. it case I don't get back soon Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, with love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  20. I enjoyed seeing a few of your large collection of tea books, Bernideen! I have the Victoria and Kim Wilson books, but none of the others ... yet. :O) I hope you'll share more of your tea books and other books in upcoming posts! Blessings, Bess

    ReplyDelete

I always love your comments and thoughts! If you aren't a blogger yourself you may have difficulties leaving comments. I recommend you go to http://google.com/accounts and open a google account which doesn't mean that you will have a blog (unless you want one)but will make it possible for you to make comments on all blogs! PLEASE USE A NAME in your google account AND NOT "Unknown" !
Sometimes people repost not realizing their comment posted! Go slowly when you post your comment - don't rush! It will not appear until it is approved. If a question is asked I will try to answer it here.