Wednesday, May 9, 2018

IN CELEBRATION OF LILACS for "Tea In The Garden"

The lilac bushes that I planted last year
and the year before are blooming now
and even though they are still small, 
 they do smell wonderful.




I have set up a little tea time on
 the sidewalk and I hope you can
 join me for a cup of tea.  We are
trying to visually avoid the garbage
pickup which is late and other
street issues but that's impossible!


As you can see - it's windy.


I have been working in the flower
gardens and enjoying seeing
progress here and there.


My teacups are a Rosina on the
 left and a very old Royal 
Stafford on the
right.  




We had our first hummingbird pair 
over the weekend and now everyday
they come and go.   I also had
 a pair of Baltimore Orioles on my 
deck and I hope they stick around. 
 I have only seen one pair before
 in Colorado and would love
 watching them.





Why do we get interested in  birds
 as we get older?  It seems to go
 hand in hand.  My squirrel resistant 
feeders are still working. We are
 wasting less seed since the squirrels
 can't trash the feeders. 


I am using a chocolate pot for a teapot
because it has lilacs on it!  I don't
have any lilac cups and saucers.
 I won't be attempting to own every
flower there is on a teacup but I
do have lots of pansy and violet ones.
(also rose teacups and others)



I tend to be a risk taker in the garden.
How about you?  Do you always go
by all the rules?  Sometimes I do
things at the wrong times and it
works - like moving things around.
Of course, I also loose out sometimes
because I go ahead when I should
have followed the rules.


It is so lovely to relax with our tea
and smell the lilac breeze!

19 comments:

  1. Hi Bernideen! Your garden tea is a gem! I love the photo of the table next to the lilacs! It's just so charming. I don't have a tea post this week just an update of what I'm up to. I'm taking a break for a while because I feel I need it. Enjoy your lovely home and garden this spring and Happy May, my friend! Hugs...Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Bernideen, how I wish I could sit at your dreamy tea table and smell those lilacs!! I miss them so. We have crepe myrtles here, which are pretty in the summer, but no lovely scent to them. Your teacups and your bouquet, along with your chocolate pot, and your vintage bunny make for such a pretty table. Thank you for hosting, and a most Happy Mother's Day to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bernideen,
    Oh my your lilacs are gorgeous ~ I adore the colour. Mine are only blooming at the cottage and not at home. Your chairs today and table setting are so lovely and quaint. I love the coffee pot and bunny. I'm sharing a Rosina teacup today too! Thankfully it's Tea in the Garden once again. Thank you for hosting! Blessings! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. All so lovely! I wish we could grow lilacs here in East Texas. I've only seen them once in person and they are heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All so lovely! I wish we could grow lilacs here in Texas. I have only seen them once in person and they were heavenly smelling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lilacs are my favorite! The fragrance is heavenly. Your pics look wonderful.
    All the best,
    d

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful purples!Your flowers bouquet is gorgeous as ever!Your garden is adorable...Surely you are doing the right thing( with rules or not!)!The stunning china always make my day too!Thanks for hosting.
    Best wishes,
    Maristella.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm loving the purple theme of this week's pretty tea tea time. I also have numerous teawares decorated with pansies and violets, but the lilac designs are harder to come by. Thank you for hosting and Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your lilacs are gorgeous mine are near bloom yet. But I do have violets and Lily of the Valley in Bloom. I hacked my lilacs bad last year since they were in the way our getting our vintage trailer in so I don't know if I'll have many blooms. This post is from last year...so I can dream about when they are in bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The garden is beautiful! I just loved how that first bouquet matched the tea pot to a tee.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! I love the setting in the front of your house. What a pretty table and flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bernideen,
    What a lovely Tea post!! I adore the colors and the lilacs are beautiful!! Funny thing is that it got so warm here in NEPA so fast that my Lilac tree is blooming before the azaleas which never happens!! Everything is blooming all at once and the poor people with allergies are in such distress as i am too!!
    Thanks so much for hosting such a wonderful Tea Party!! i my post today, i am sharing both a tea cup and saucer and a mini Tea Set!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Bernideen ... Such a lovely Springtime post... I do love lilacs and might miss mine this years... so will ENJOY your beauties... Your table and china are gorgeous as usual ... I wish I could sit down and chat at your garden table for teatime... Thanks for sharing, My Friend....Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bernideen, your garden is such a delight! It should be on a garden tour in your town. Thank you for hosting. As always, I've visited every post. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How pretty! I knew I had lilacs out in the garden and I told myself to pick and get some pics! It was near 90 for two days and boom they are already gone! Have a blessed Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your teatime post in the garden... the lovely purples of the lilacs and the teacups are simply delightful for this early spring post.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful post, Bernideen! I can't believe you even have lilac colored chairs for this incredible teatime tablescape!

    Your flowers are amazing. I am just overjoyed at all the beauty you share with us. Thank you so much.

    Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your cups and pots are lovely in the garden. Thanks for hosting this party. I love to come and look at all the pretty posts.

    ReplyDelete

I always love your comments and thoughts! If you aren't a blogger yourself you may have difficulties leaving comments. I recommend you go to http://google.com/accounts and open a google account which doesn't mean that you will have a blog (unless you want one)but will make it possible for you to make comments on all blogs! PLEASE USE A NAME in your google account AND NOT "Unknown" !
Sometimes people repost not realizing their comment posted! Go slowly when you post your comment - don't rush! It will not appear until it is approved. If a question is asked I will try to answer it here.