Sunday, January 5, 2020

ANOTHER VISIT TO FULTON, MISSOURI

Last week my friends Janice and Gina
and I were invited over to Fulton, Missouri
east of Columbia.   We went to the lovely 
home of our friend Karen and had an
 Afternoon Tea and a lovely time enjoying
her home, antiques, books and collectibles. 
 I forgot my camera but will share Karen's


Fulton is a lovely old town - rather small
but with Westminster College and
William Woods University there are plenty 
of young people coming and going.  
Downtown the main street is still brick with
  charm and history and Winston
 Churchill visited here in 1946 and gave a
very important speech with President




 which originally stood in London, England
 and was completely rebuilt once in London after a
fire. Then all but the walls were destroyed
a second time in the Blitz of World War II.
It was then sent over and rebuilt in 
this town of Fulton, Missouri. There
is also a Churchill museum in the basement .

My husband and I drove through Fulton
today and I took a few photos of some
of the lovely homes north of the downton
on Court Street and the surrounding area:




This one still had a few Christmas
wreaths outside:


My husband's friend has moved
to Kentucky and I saw that his
old office "building" on the
left has a new paint job.




In the coming weeks, I hope to be sharing
 more about some other lovely old homes 
here in Missouri.

8 comments:

  1. I enjoy looking at lovely old homes. Their history is fascinating! Happy New Year, Bernideen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting story about the church being moved all the way to Missouri!
    Beautiful homes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always enjoy seeing beautiful old homes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful homes, and I am quite smitten with that church that was moved here from England!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bernideen, I do love a charming small town, and this one certainly has some history along with it. Imagine moving an entire large building like that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bernideen, happy to see you posting about your wonderful towns around your area! I love to imagine going to each one with you. Happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Missouri does have some beautiful homes. I loved driving through there several times.

    ReplyDelete

I always love your comments and thoughts! If you aren't a blogger yourself you may have difficulties leaving comments. I recommend you go to http://google.com/accounts and open a google account which doesn't mean that you will have a blog (unless you want one)but will make it possible for you to make comments on all blogs! PLEASE USE A NAME in your google account AND NOT "Unknown" !
Sometimes people repost not realizing their comment posted! Go slowly when you post your comment - don't rush! It will not appear until it is approved. If a question is asked I will try to answer it here.