Saturday, January 28, 2023

VALENTINE TABLE SETTING

 My hubby and I decided to take some
days off this last week.  Our lives
are very simple and we don't travel
 very much but this week we took off and went east 
to St Louis one day to 2 mega size antique malls and then we
 went to all 3 smaller local antique
malls on another day. 


I had been thinking for a while about
looking for 2 antique oil lamps for
my dining room table.  My husband
asked if I wanted these and the answer
was "of course I do".  They came from Springfield, Missouri.




This is an area off our kitchen without
a wall separating the two called a
Hearth Dining Room.




I tried using the leaf in the
table but decided I preferred
it without the leaf. I can always
add it if needed.




8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun outing for you both. The antique oil lamps were a great find and are a lovely addition to your hearth room dining table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great find. The lamps go so well with your lovely place settings. Valentine plates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is wonderful to get out and look for something special. I'm glad that you found them. They make a beautiful table even more so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the antique oil lamps. They look lovely on your table. I also love the heart shaped plates! How special for Valentine's Day (weeks). Your table looks so pretty and inviting. Thank you for sharing the beauty with us!! Makes me want to have a Valentine's Tea party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Bernideen!
    Browsing through antique malls/ shops tops my list of favorite outings... and I don't have to buy a thing! The lamps are so pretty, as are the teapot and mirror tray.
    I hope you have a great week.
    Blessings, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Bernideen,
    A little road trip to antique malls would be so fun!
    Love the lamps you got and the heartshaped plates are so pretty too.
    Take care,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your new oil lamps are so perfect on your Valentine’s Day table, Bernideen. I love the look of them with the white. You have the prettiest hearth room. I wish I lived closer so I could see it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They're absolutely lovely, as is the room. And what a fun excursion. I'm glad you took the time!

    ReplyDelete

I always love your comments and thoughts! If you aren't a blogger yourself you may have difficulties leaving comments. I recommend you go to http://google.com/accounts and open a google account which doesn't mean that you will have a blog (unless you want one)but will make it possible for you to make comments on all blogs! PLEASE USE A NAME in your google account AND NOT "Unknown" !
Sometimes people repost not realizing their comment posted! Go slowly when you post your comment - don't rush! It will not appear until it is approved. If a question is asked I will try to answer it here.