Tuesday, September 19, 2023

THE TROUBLE WITH ME

 


THE TROUBLE WITH ME  

Bernideen Canfield 

September 19, 2023

 

The trouble with me is extensive

I want things that look expensive

I look at antiques and see “past” expense

Which thrills my heart most extensive.

 

You see, I don’t want to see Tupperware

Or plastic things which make me glare

Or those 50’s pyrex bowls that cause a stare

Yes, let’s move on to the vintage transferware

 

And then at old linens I’ll take a pause

As I go through the stacks and think of a clause

There’s Grandma’s crochet she made when very old

She’s gone now – I’m here now - please mark it sold!

 

So, don’t show me your leather, I don’t want your chrome.

That really doesn’t set a very warm home

A lace tablecloth, etched glasses and a glass cake platter

And a buffet set with all those memories that matter.

 

As I squeeze in a teacup and move things around

That teapot goes nicely  – so glad it was found

As I study the display and step back to admire

I’m  thankful to God for these treasures acquired.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I enjoyed your poem so much! And yes, I totally understand what you are saying. I love "old", vintage, heirloom, well loved things in my home as well. My home is pretty much a museum of family heirlooms and beloved memorabilia. Everything has a story! I kind of wrote about this today in my post. You have such lovely items. Thank you for sharing them with us. Delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightful post! I had to laugh as I read because I felt so understood. You might as well be writing about my experiences. I enjoy your posts so much and appreciate the time you obviously give them. They lift my day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's a good poem. You are very creative.

    ReplyDelete

I always love your comments and thoughts! If you aren't a blogger yourself you may have difficulties leaving comments. I recommend you go to http://google.com/accounts and open a google account which doesn't mean that you will have a blog (unless you want one)but will make it possible for you to make comments on all blogs! PLEASE USE A NAME in your google account AND NOT "Unknown" !
Sometimes people repost not realizing their comment posted! Go slowly when you post your comment - don't rush! It will not appear until it is approved. If a question is asked I will try to answer it here.