Friday, March 1, 2024

MARCH CELEBRATION OF GREEN


March meant it was time for a change
in the hearth dining area. A bouquet
was simple since the pussy willow out 
front is now in full bloom.
 

My Grandmaw (that's what we called
her) made me this tablecloth
and napkins as a wedding gift, nearly 
56 years ago.  She worked on embroidery every night.
  The thread was bright green
and there were 2 tablecloths with 
matching napkins.


I recently started collecting Johnson
Brothers, The Florentine which I love.
It is an expensive transferware pattern
and hard to find since it is now 100 
years old.  I don't have a set yet but will 
continue to look and mix it with other pieces.






I had made this
tea cozy out of 2 of
the napkins a few
years back. 
Recently I redid
my design by
removing the elastic
bottom, putting a flat bottom piece on it.  I had also added
much more polyfil batting inside. 






Over in the kitchen, a decoration I
made years back: I guess I am old
school still loving crafts.


 The spring came suddenly, bursting upon the world as a child bursts into a room, with a laugh and a shout and hands full of flowers.  Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
 

I am excited to say I found a little "Green Basket" bouillon cup and saucer on
Etsy.



 I have 2 more Johnson Brothers green The Florentine plates coming in the mail so I will have a total of 7 plates.  Right now I can't fill the table completely with just 5.

5 comments:

  1. What wonderful tablescape... Gorgeous dishes... Precious tablecloth... Really breathtaking! Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lovely St. Patrick's Day table setting brings hope for an early Spring here. I have Colts Foot wild plants blooming and my
    mini daffs are showing color. I'll look back on your table setting later today as it is dark and dreary and wet today. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your March look! Such pretty dishes but that tablecloth just took my breath away and what a treasure that your Grandmaw made it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Bernideen, what a treasure to have that embroidered tablecloth from the loving hands of your grandmaw (I called mine mammaw). I’m am swooning over those Johnson Bros dishes!! I have never seen that pattern. How perfect it is for St. Patrick’s Day. How beautiful your flat bottomed tea cozy is!! You’re so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That pattern is absolutely stunning! 100 years old, my goodness, it is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I always love your comments and thoughts! If you aren't a blogger yourself you may have difficulties leaving comments. I recommend you go to http://google.com/accounts and open a google account which doesn't mean that you will have a blog (unless you want one)but will make it possible for you to make comments on all blogs! PLEASE USE A NAME in your google account AND NOT "Unknown" !
Sometimes people repost not realizing their comment posted! Go slowly when you post your comment - don't rush! It will not appear until it is approved. If a question is asked I will try to answer it here.