Tuesday, August 27, 2024

AUGUST WHEN ZINNIAS REIGN

 It is way to hot out today again
and will continue to be so until
the end of the week.  I have been
really enjoying looking at Instagram
and I think I like it better than
Facebook.  The reason?  Because
you can just look at the people's
photos that you want to and not
the things suggested in your feed
like with Facebook.  


I changed up my dining room table
with my Devonshire transferware
dishes that are from the 1940's. 
This old Johnson Brothers pattern has
red and actually those zinnias are
more red than they appear here in
my photos. (they look orange)


When I dashed out to get these flowers
I went as fast as I could.  In moments
one is dripping in sweat so I have
learned to move quickly stripping
all the lower leaves from the stems
as I go along.


 








I want to say how thankful
I am for air conditioning!

4 comments:

  1. It's way too hot here today too, but, no matter, I am mowing the grass, but with frequent breaks. Your table is drop-dead gorgeous. Wow! Zinnias are reigning supreme here now and I love them so much. I pulled out my May 1990 Victoria magazine, and, of course, it almost opened itself to Joanna Reid's A Lifetime Friendship with a Garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just look at those cherubs in the lace! It has been steaming hot here this week after being cold last! Nice to see your pups made it to the center of attention on the table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always, you present the perfect table setting. It's hard to get into the Fall mood with all this Summer heat still looming, but it's just around the corner. Loving your transferware and tablecloth !
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tables are always the epitome of grace and beauty, Bernideen! The zinnias I tried to grow from seed were quickly eaten overnight by rabbits, I presume. A beautiful clump of liriope that been there for years was eaten this past week. It’s so discouraging. Thank you for sharing your beautiful arrangement and table with us.

    ReplyDelete

I always love your comments and thoughts! If you aren't a blogger yourself you may have difficulties leaving comments. I recommend you go to http://google.com/accounts and open a google account which doesn't mean that you will have a blog (unless you want one)but will make it possible for you to make comments on all blogs! PLEASE USE A NAME in your google account AND NOT "Unknown" !
Sometimes people repost not realizing their comment posted! Go slowly when you post your comment - don't rush! It will not appear until it is approved. If a question is asked I will try to answer it here.