Friday, August 9, 2024

THE ALLURE OF THE QUAINT SHOPS FROM YESTERYEAR for "Tea In The Garden"

 This really is more like "Tea 
Above The Garden" since we are
up above the garden on the deck
outside our kitchen. 


 
I was going through some old Victoria
Magazines.  Well, actually,  I have been
going through the old 
ones month by month
in an organized fashion.





The featured shops have really brought
back memories and also made me a 
little sad because hardly any of these
shops are in business anymore.  I am
sad because I still love vintage and antiques, linens,
 tea time and crafting. 


 I am happy to say that I do know some young women who do embrace these interests.  Today for example, a young woman I know expressed her interest in Tasha Tudor which thrilled my heart.


I am always prying to find out if
any younger women love vintage
or antique things.  I ask questions.


Actually this is a great time to buy
 something from the "Victorian"
 era because very few people want
to make that purchase so prices
are really down on those items
compared to back in the 90's.

This issue is an example of what
I mean by a darling shop from
many years ago in Carmel,
California.  When I was younger
I would always look forward to
visiting some special shop I had
seen featured in a magazine.  Most
 are gone by the way now.


And what about fashion.  I was so
hoping hairstyles and clothing styles
would come back like the Edwardian
era.  I love those smart jackets with
skirts like they wore in the filming
of Road to Avonlea.  We just finished watching the series these
last few months and I do love the
clothing of that era.


I guess I sound very
ridiculous.  One benefit of
Etsy and Ebay...you can sit with
your coffee or tea and your
pajamas and shop!

Looking down below
at the pond and garden:


So we were having very hot
weather but not anymore.
The hurricane coming up
the east coast has caused
our temperatures to drop
 substantially.





4 comments:

  1. I see your lovely layering of crochet, quilt and table cloth for your tea setting. I don't really do anything myself that is Victorian as I have no beautiful tea service, however, I still enjoy the look and the pictures and a better way of dressing. I am nostalgic for a simpler life with more beauty in it. I never see fun shops to go in and browse and maybe find a bargin. I realize the amount of work it must be. You certainly had the work when you had your shop I have no doubt. But I bet you enjoyed most of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty. I love your tea cart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an inviting tea on the deck! The table is beautiful, especially the layered linens. You have such a skill for creating lovely bouquets... gorgeous!
    I enjoy reading past issues of Victoria and Tea Time that I borrow from my daughters. I've also seen a decline in those type of shops which is sad.
    Although I'm glad you retired... I really miss your shop. We have many fond memories of visits there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tea table is just so lovely! How I would love to sit and visit with you about vintage and days gone by, and see your beautiful gardens. So much to love about years gone by! It is sad to see so many shops out of business. I think we were born in the wrong time period :) Many blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete

I always love your comments and thoughts! If you aren't a blogger yourself you may have difficulties leaving comments. I recommend you go to http://google.com/accounts and open a google account which doesn't mean that you will have a blog (unless you want one)but will make it possible for you to make comments on all blogs! PLEASE USE A NAME in your google account AND NOT "Unknown" !
Sometimes people repost not realizing their comment posted! Go slowly when you post your comment - don't rush! It will not appear until it is approved. If a question is asked I will try to answer it here.