I have posted this cake on this blog many times but here it is again because frankly, it is really delicious so I baked one today.
to snow lightly.
1. Melt chocolate in a small bowl over hot water -2. grease and flour 2 size 9" cake pans either square or heart shaped
3. Sift flour, baking soda and salt into a bowl
4. Beat soft butter in large bowl. Add brown sugar and eggs; beat with mixer at high speed until light and fluffy about 5 minutes
5. Stir in dry ingredients alternately with sour cream until batter is smooth.
Do not boil water too soon as it evaporates fast- stir in boiling water and batter will become thin Pour into cake pans
6. Bake in oven at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes- check with toothpick (my convection oven took 25 minutes)
7. Let cool 10 minutes - cut around edge to loosen
Fudge icing: 4 squares unsweetened chocolate, 1 stick of butter, 7 1/2 cups of confectioners sugar, 3/4 cup of milk, 2 tsp vanilla
Combine other ingredients in bowl and then add chocolate mix- beat till ready to ice cake!