Sunday, October 27, 2019

A LATE WARM DAY IN OCTOBER FOR "Tea In The Garden"

I follow our local weather with a  
10 day extended forecast and I noticed
that today there might be weather in
the 60's so I got everything ready in hopes
 of doing one more "Tea In The Garden" -
taking advantage of the late afternoon
weather.


I was surprised to find some flowers 
still in the garden - at least enough
 for this bouquet.



I recently noticed this Game Series Spode
 set was used in the humble hearth kitchen
 of the Drew family (Tim and Margie) 
who were tenant farmers as part of Downton Abbey.



Some people dread cold weather but
I do appreciate the 4 completely different
seasons here in Missouri.  This week our
temperatures are going into the 40's.






I chose some fall tea wares to
enjoy today!

I have my Downton Abbey cookbook out and looked for a recipe for Potato Leek Soup although I wouldn't do it cold as suggested by Arsene Avignon, the Sous Chef at the Ritz.

Remember during the class with Alfred he asked the students what the name was changed to and Alfred did not know the answer (Vichyssoise).






Our butterfly bushes were loaded with action today.  They have continued to bloom because I deadheaded them all summer.






I hope you have a lovely week ahead.

9 comments:

  1. 🍁A perfectly lovely October tea. I hope that you actually sat down to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my...Stunning pictures!!!Wonderful china and adorable flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful Falll tea in your garden, Bernideen! You sure have a green thumb, besides a way of setting a beautiful table. I read about your work in the front yard, and how someone stole your wheelbarrow. I hope your new wheelbarrow provides many years of faithful work for you. Those butterfly bushes are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it that you have enough flowers to still attract the Monarch Butterflies. I saw one fly over the yard here in Ohio 3 days ago and
    was surprised considering how late it is. It is such a warm and delightful
    looking Garden tea you have laid out. Please enjoy while you can.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bernideen, your bouquet is lovely and how perfect to have the Game Series Spode tea set! It all looks so inviting. It is far too cold to have a tea outside here. Our Fall hasn't been all that nice but there is still the odd butterfly flitting about. We never had our usual 'Indian Summer' this year but shortly the Christmas decorations will be coming out. I look forward to that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Everything just looks so beautiful! You'd never know it's fall if it weren't for the pumpkins! I love the dishes! My sister and my daughter both have Spode Woodland, which is a similar type pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I love the autumn light on your garden. The bouquet is gorgeous. And of course I love the transferware tea things.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh - what a GORGEOUS autumn tea time post, Bernideen. It is absolutely stunning. Just wow.

    And your garden - golly you sure know how to grow flowers. Beautiful!

    That's neat about DA. I will have to watch for that next time I see it! ♥

    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

I always love your comments and thoughts! If you aren't a blogger yourself you may have difficulties leaving comments. I recommend you go to http://google.com/accounts and open a google account which doesn't mean that you will have a blog (unless you want one)but will make it possible for you to make comments on all blogs! PLEASE USE A NAME in your google account AND NOT "Unknown" !
Sometimes people repost not realizing their comment posted! Go slowly when you post your comment - don't rush! It will not appear until it is approved. If a question is asked I will try to answer it here.