Monday, October 21, 2019

THE DOWAGER'S GARDEN

Like some of you, my husband and I
have been rewatching the television
series of Downton Abbey.  I found one
of my favorite spots in Season Four which
happens to be the Dowager Countess
 beautiful garden.

  I saw on line where the house is in real
 life "Byfleet Manor" in Surrey and is for 
sale or at least was for $6.12 million.


I took these pictures with my camera but they
are of my television set as of last night!


I was very sorry the scenes took but a couple minutes and this lovely garden 
was not really shown that much.
  I would have loved to see more.  Too bad Isobel Crawley didn't ask a few questions and let Violet 
expound on her knowledge!

We do see some lovely flowers just the same!


I wish they had sat down on that
 bench for tea!
Then there was the sweet young man who wanted a job helping the garden - thank goodness!  




Well, at least we know that
 the Dowager liked:

Alliums, delphiniums, hydrangeas,
poppies and what else do you see?


9 comments:

  1. Beautiful garden for sure. I still haven't been able to get to a theater to see the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That garden scene is among my favorites, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see the beautiful flowers, and the sunshine! Not sure
    of the plant names, but I enjoy that you captured the
    picture to share.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely breathtaking ! NOTHING is as perfect as an English Country Garden !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I wish I could walk in this garden. Thanks for the reminder of this scene in Downton Abbey.

    ReplyDelete

  6. Oh yes that garden is gorgeous, looks almost as good as your

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wouldn't it be lovely to have tea in that garden! I haven't seen the movie yet, but will eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm, my last day of freedom(Sunday) hubby and I went to see the movie---and we just simply sat back drowning in all the gorgeous details....loved your 'capture' of some of the gardens that must be magnificent!

    ReplyDelete

I always love your comments and thoughts! If you aren't a blogger yourself you may have difficulties leaving comments. I recommend you go to http://google.com/accounts and open a google account which doesn't mean that you will have a blog (unless you want one)but will make it possible for you to make comments on all blogs! PLEASE USE A NAME in your google account AND NOT "Unknown" !
Sometimes people repost not realizing their comment posted! Go slowly when you post your comment - don't rush! It will not appear until it is approved. If a question is asked I will try to answer it here.