Thursday, July 16, 2009

PETER RABBIT TEA PARTY

Taking Time for Tea with your children is a great way to teach them some special manners and how to quiet down and have a nice conversation with adults.



I have several "out of print" books that are especially fun which you might look for on ebay, etc. I wish they would reprint Peter Rabbit's Cookery Book. Beatrix would love that!




My little Bee Teaset is from my store and just right - although sadly no cups and saucers...but not to worry as we can always find those!



And what could be better than some Chamomile Honey and Lemon Tea from the Metropolitan Tea Company!

Take time this summer to go out in the garden and have tea with the little ones!



5 comments:

  1. Fun post! Love all the animals having tea time! I was lucky enough to find the Winnie-the-Pooh teatime cookbook in the airport in London many years ago - I love it! Now I have to keep an eye out for Peter Rabbit's Cookery book!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. My 5-year-old and I go to a place in NYC called "Alice's Tea Cup"(http://alicesteacup.com/) 4 times a year to celebrate the change of the seasons. They are extremely child-friendly, and the food is delicious!
    Thanks for the lovely blog!! I reallt enjoy it!
    Wendy Reynolds
    ethelsmommy@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is absolutely adorable! The Winnie the Pooh book is great with the beehive and bee tea set :)

    All the best,
    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have thought so too. Though tea time is not really popular in my country (or atleast I wasn't really exposed to it), but seeing it in movies and how well behaved on should be (I would cause I'd be afraid to break those pretty teapots and teacups LOL)- I guess it is a wonderful training for children :-) And fun bonding time.

    The embroideries are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those embroidered animals are wonderful and so is the cute basket teapot set. I enjoyed all the photos.

    ReplyDelete

I always love your comments and thoughts! If you aren't a blogger yourself you may have difficulties leaving comments. I recommend you go to http://google.com/accounts and open a google account which doesn't mean that you will have a blog (unless you want one)but will make it possible for you to make comments on all blogs! PLEASE USE A NAME in your google account AND NOT "Unknown" !
Sometimes people repost not realizing their comment posted! Go slowly when you post your comment - don't rush! It will not appear until it is approved. If a question is asked I will try to answer it here.