Wednesday, January 17, 2018

HOT, HOT TEA FOR COLD DAYS for "Friends Sharing Tea"

"Baby it's Cold Out There" is the perfect song for this weather!


And now let me share a lovely
 poem which
I saw this week on Face Book:

A Loving Recipe for a Perfect Cup of Tea
One willing friend who loves to sit and share,
One grateful heart to have a friend that cares,

One beautiful garden to show us God is near,

Many wonderful memories of times shared throughout the years,

Lots of smiles and laughter to brighten up our days,

Many prayers that we prayed for each other along the way.

~Author Unknown



Let's get together for some hot tea!


I have set us a little table and let
me pour the cups quickly now.....




As we sit and chat I feel sorry for
the little outdoor creatures.  They 
seem quite happy though as long
as there is seed in the feeders.
And we have 4 feeders for the birds
and 1 just with sunflower seeds
for the squirrels.  That's to try and
keep them from swishing the bird
seed to the ground as they pick out
the sunflower seeds.





It is amazing to me how fish can
survive under the ice.  It is frozen
over in the koi pond.  The fish
lie motionless on the bottom.





I seem to have an endless supply of
cookies that I froze at Christmastime
and put in little cartons in the freezer.
Would you like another?




13 comments:

  1. How cozy! You have such a wonderful view from your window and the poem is lovely.

    I must admit, I'm glad the squirrels are staying away from our feeders. They are real pests sometimes and they scare the little birds away. We have a snow storm on the way and I imagine we will wake up to a winter wonderland in the morning. Thank you for the tea and cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty setting in front of that snowy scene outside. You're to be commended for feeding the squirrels, but if they're like the squirrels where we used to live, they'll pig those up and still challenge the poor birds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Bernideen, such beautiful pictures! Love that last one of the squirrel. sigh Wish I had your cookie stash in MY freezer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an elegant white tea set! I didn't know that the little pond fish could survive sub-zero temperatures. Thanks for hosting and stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bernideen. We warmed up to a few records but are heading back to normal as it rolls across to you! Inside in your cozy room is a wonderful place to be with a hot cuppa. What a sweet poem. Hope that's not supposed to be a squirrel proof feeder! Lol! Kepp warm! Thansk for hosting and linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an ideal winter tea setting! I could look out at the snow all day in your front yard. (Can you tell I live in CA?) January is the perfect month for an indoor tea party.
    I do enjoy setting out seeds for the birds, but most are taken by our aggressive squirrels.
    Nice quote at the beginning of the post too! Thanks for hosting once again.
    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty tea time. I am intrigued by the quilt. How generous to give sunflower seeds to the squirrels. I bet they are chubby squirrels.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So, no tea in the garden today? I enjoyed seeing all that snow from your windows, as it's very unusual where I live and it creates a beautiful light, I think. The white teapot is beautiful and goes perfectly with the weather!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your wintry wonderland is so pretty. Love all the vignettes in this post and the poem is beautiful. I must say those two chairs in the bedroom are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Bernideen,
    Oh my your teatime is beautiful today! Those chairs are absolutely gorgeous and I love the bright white teaset! My baking is all gone so I would love some of yours. Thank you! I do feel sorry for the little animals in the cold but some squirrels managed to find a way into our attic and my what a mess they made! Thank you for hosting Friends Sharing Tea my friend. Blessings, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a lovely teapot Bernideen! Thanks for sharing and hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous white Teaset,very exquisite!Love the romantic figurines too!Hugs,dear Bernideen!Thanks for this great party!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cosy teatime setting with nature... and I’m sure those little squirrels kept you well entertained ...I’m giggling now just thinking of their antics in my own yard... yesterday I was pondering the same concerns about the deer living out in the cold... Maybe the tree barks is their cuppa tea. Nice post .. Thanks for sharing.


    ReplyDelete

I always love your comments and thoughts! If you aren't a blogger yourself you may have difficulties leaving comments. I recommend you go to http://google.com/accounts and open a google account which doesn't mean that you will have a blog (unless you want one)but will make it possible for you to make comments on all blogs! PLEASE USE A NAME in your google account AND NOT "Unknown" !
Sometimes people repost not realizing their comment posted! Go slowly when you post your comment - don't rush! It will not appear until it is approved. If a question is asked I will try to answer it here.