Saturday, February 19, 2022

INSPIRING GARDENS OF ENGLAND

In recent years,  I began to watch YouTube
videos about gardening and found so
many interesting ones. It has inspired
me again this winter as I enjoy watching
so many of these.

I thought I would share some today.  One of the many beautiful homes dating to the 17th century is Barnsley House in Gloucestershire,  England (now a luxury hotel) and in the 1950's Rosemary Verey and her family moved there.  After she raised her children, she began creating the gardens that became so famous. Rosemary
lived from 1918 to 2001



about Haddon Hall



The next one to share is
Haddon Hall in Bakewell, Derbyshire
which is a English Manor House from the
11th century with additions in the 13th and 17th century (English Tudor) and after fires
in the past,  parts are still there from the 15th
century.

The gardens were created in the
early 1900's


called A Walk Through Time


 This home has been in the 
same family for over 900 years!


As you go to these sites you quickly see
that other vidoes are numerous and
I hope you have time to watch some.

2 comments:

  1. Perfect for a lazy Saturday afternoon. 🪴

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing these Bernideen! I love English Gardens!

    ReplyDelete

I always love your comments and thoughts! If you aren't a blogger yourself you may have difficulties leaving comments. I recommend you go to http://google.com/accounts and open a google account which doesn't mean that you will have a blog (unless you want one)but will make it possible for you to make comments on all blogs! PLEASE USE A NAME in your google account AND NOT "Unknown" !
Sometimes people repost not realizing their comment posted! Go slowly when you post your comment - don't rush! It will not appear until it is approved. If a question is asked I will try to answer it here.