Thursday, September 15, 2022

A BITTERSWEET CELEBRATION for "Tea In The Garden"

 We have had a lovely break in our
temperatures enjoying some weather 
in the 80's and everyone has loved it.
  That's a good reason to do a little tea time
 in the garden along with the fact that
the bittersweet is getting lovely on the
arbor. 


I did a floral with a variety of items
and colors from the garden and
added some pink market roses:


Today I baked a BUTTER PECAN CAKE
but I have to say that I don't know where
this recipe came from.  I copy a lot of
recipes and print some but I usually write
 on the copy information about which book
 or magazine issue the recipe came from.








I will need to skip dinner tonight
 since I had an early
slice of this cake!


I don't give a lot of directions for recipes
since most people know how to mix up
a cake batter so here are the basic
ingredients:

Cake body - 3 layers with 8" pans buttered and floured  350 degrees My oven is convection which took 27 minutes otherwise 30-35 minutes


1 cup chopped pecans, 3/4 cupt butter, 1 1/3 cups of sugar, 1 1/2 tsp vanilla, 3 eggs if small or 2 large, 2 cups sifted flour, 2 tsp baking powder, 3/4 cup milk - mix all together well and then stir in the 1 cup of chopped pecans

And now I need to say that I doubled all that to get this tall cake but if you want - just
use this recipe for a smaller one.

Icing:  4 Tb butter, 3 cups confect sugar, 3 Tb light cream and 1 tsp vanilla and 1/3 cup of chopped pecans.  Sprinkle the 1/3 cup of chopped pecans on top after icing the cake.




I hope you have had a nice summer. 
 We had such a need for rain that my
 flower garden had to be watered and
 even that was not making the plants
happy.  



If you want to toast your pecans you just
 chop them up and dot 3 Tb of butter over them in a shallow pan and toast them
 at 350 degrees for 15 minutes (stir occasionally during the baking process)

The first day of autumn
 is September 22!

5 comments:

  1. Your Bittersweet celebration has to be one of your best ever! Of course It may only be because fall is the season I love best. What a lovely lovely setting for tea in your garden! Now if I only had a slice of that oh-so-delicious-looking cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so lovely! Your garden setting is always so beautiful, no matter what the season! And that cake certainly looks delicious. I may save that recipe to try. The flowers are so pretty. Yes, we are looking forward to fall here in Florida. It doesn't arrive quite as quickly as other places, but it stays around much longer and that becomes our outdoor "party time". I am really looking forward to some cooler weather. Thank you for sharing your delightful garden tea parties with us. I have enjoyed them so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovel late Summer tea setting. The bittersweet certainly is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning floral arrangement! And the cake looks scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete

I always love your comments and thoughts! If you aren't a blogger yourself you may have difficulties leaving comments. I recommend you go to http://google.com/accounts and open a google account which doesn't mean that you will have a blog (unless you want one)but will make it possible for you to make comments on all blogs! PLEASE USE A NAME in your google account AND NOT "Unknown" !
Sometimes people repost not realizing their comment posted! Go slowly when you post your comment - don't rush! It will not appear until it is approved. If a question is asked I will try to answer it here.