Monday, August 17, 2026

WINDSOR FRUIT WINDSOR WARE NEW TABLECLOTH

 I recently made a new tablecloth which
has a little more drama to it for my fall
Windsor Ware dishes:


I had just enough left over to make a topper
for the kitchen table which you can see in the
distance on the left back of the photo above.


Today I was very excited as I found
a teapot on Ebay and it wasn't as
expensive as others.  There are some
crazy prices for this pattern but I got
my plates years ago in Colorado in an
antique mall at a very reasonable price.




August in our state is very hot so I get my 
garden work done early and then after 
cleanup I go sew.  Here is the fabric
close up:


I think I must be a confused sort because I
love very pastels and shabby chic soft but
then I also like dramatic colors.



This is how the place setting looks:







I hope you are keeping cool
and have a wonderful summer.

6 comments:

  1. I love the new tablecloth! The colors are rich and lovely with your china. Such a nice change for fall apart from the usual fall pumpkin style decor. Your new teapot is so pretty too! Glad you could find one to match at a reasonable price! That's always a plus! Yes, it is very HOT here in Florida right now too, so we are trying to stay cool inside as much as possible. We are really looking forward to fall! Although here in Florida it takes a while to get here, but still, it's better than what we are having right now. Thank you for sharing your lovely dining tablecloth and china with us. It really is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lucky find on the teapot. And it shows you have an open mind on patterns and colors which I think is more fun. It would be a real intrusion on your life, but I bet if you had open house, like minded people would love to see your dinning set ups in person. I so enjoy your photos. Hot here for so long, but about 10 days ago it started raining nonstop, it seemed like, until we had major flooding in Ohio. But the temps dropped 10 degrees and are staying that way, no high 90's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you have exceptional taste in all your decor choices. I am the same way myself with going from pastels then later to deep richer colors. I tell myself it's the changing of the seasons. Do whatever makes you happy; and I am quite certain that many of us who follow along with your blog will also be very happy too. You have set a table of beautiful dishes that go so well with your new table coverings. I love that you have sewn them yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is very elegant and beautiful! It pairs perfectly with those gorgeous plates!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tablecloth is stunning! As is your china and all the lovely, sparkly crystal. I adore the butter pats!!! You’ve set a beautiful table with your beautiful collections, thank you for sharing and inspiring. Although I keep each season as long as I can (even though it’s a million degrees outside) it’s a joy to see this dramatic display. Happy last of August blessings, Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sincerely enchanted by your Windsor Ware dishes, dearest Bernideen, which are perfect for the tablecloth you sew, your taste is always admirable, thank you for sharing such gorgeous images.
    Wishing you a blessed rest of your week
    XO Daniela @ ~ My little old world ~

    ReplyDelete

I always love your comments and thoughts! If you aren't a blogger yourself you may have difficulties leaving comments. I recommend you go to http://google.com/accounts and open a google account which doesn't mean that you will have a blog (unless you want one)but will make it possible for you to make comments on all blogs! PLEASE USE A NAME in your google account AND NOT "Unknown" !
Sometimes people repost not realizing their comment posted! Go slowly when you post your comment - don't rush! It will not appear until it is approved. If a question is asked I will try to answer it here.