These photos are from a few years back but I thought it would
be fun to "reshare them" with Valentines Day coming up.
And a little later it looked like this.
I have had this little cupid man
from back in the
early 90's when painting on
wood was very
Why not plan a whimsical Valentine Friendship Tea Party for a few of your very best friends!
Look around for "red stuff" and start your pile...this doesn't have to be "Valentine" related items...just look for red! (oops.......just not Christmas stuff!)
This is different than a dinner party where
you go very elegant - this is about fun!
Here is my recipe for this great Ohh La La CHOCOLATE CAKE....
Here is what you need for your cake:
5 squares unsweetened chocolate, 2 1/3 cups sifted cake flour, 1 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 stick of butter, 2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar, 3 eggs, 1 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1 cup sour cream, 1 cup plus 4 TB water-boiling
1. Melt chocolate in a small bowl over hot water -
2. grease and flour 2 size 9" cake pans either square or heart shaped
3. Sift flour, baking soda and salt into a bowl
4. Beat soft butter in lg bowl. Add brown sugar and eggs; beat with mixer at high speed til light and fluffy about 5 minutes
5. Stir in dry ingredients alternately with sour cream til batter is smooth.
Do not boil water too soon as it evaporates fast- stir in boiling water and batter will become thin Pour into cake pans
6. Bake in oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes- check with toothpick
7. Let cool 10 minutes - cut around edge to loosen
Turn onto cake platter...I like to put Cherry pie filling between the layers before icing
Fudge icing: 4 squares unsweetened chocolate, 1 stick of butter, 7 1/2 cups of confectioners sugar, 3/4 cup of milk, 2 tsp vanilla
Melt chocolate in small saucepan with butter - remove from heat
Combine other ingredients in bowl and then add chocolate mix- beat till ready to ice cake!