Friday, May 24, 2019

CELEBRATING QUEEN VICTORIA

Today was such a special day as
friend Janice and I were invited to a another
friend's home for a lovely luncheon to
 celebrate the 200th birthday of Queen Victoria.
Here is our lovely hostess, Gina.


Gina's home was the perfect place
to attend a luncheon because most of her
home furnishings are authentic Victorian.
This means not just Victorian style but the
real thing.   The Victorian Era is Gina's
 passion and working for an estate sale
 business, she has accrued a lot of 
knowledge about this style and is
 always learning more.  (She recently
acquired the mantle below which will
be attached to the wall soon.)



  Janice and I dressed for "fun".  I take
terrible photos but am posting this 
just the same:


Gina's is an amazing hostess
and it is a joy to visit her home.




Since today would be the 200th birthday
of Queen Victoria, there were special
decorations:




But Gina also has a gorgeous garden!
We both have had a delightful time
creating gardens about the same time.
She is striving for a Victorian style
garden too.


In the spirit of the day, I made a little
 bag for a small
gift for each of them : 




14 comments:

  1. Wow, this is just superb! I love everything. I brought a purchased cake to our Bible study last night, reminding my Canadian friends that today was Queen Victoria's 200th birthday, but none of them knew it! I love celebrations. All week long on my FB page I had trivia questions about Queen Victoria and it was such fun. I love the bag you made!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bernideen, What a lovely way to celebrate Queen Victoria's birthday. Janice's home is beautifully decorated. I like all her decorations and your gift is so wonderful. I visited Buckingham Palace last Sept. and also the Isle Of Wight where Queen Victoria and Albert had their Summer home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How I miss Gina posting on her blog...Victorian Wannabe. It is wonderful to see her home and her Victorian decorations; along with her garden. What a fun day it must have been for the three of you to get together and share in the celebration. You three ladies dressed so pretty. Bernideen the bags you made are a perfect reminder to a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a treat! I'm so happy you shared this, Bernideen. I'm a fan of Queen Victoria, and I'm enjoying the Victoria and Albert series. Eager for another season. Everything is a delight. Happy Birthday, Queen Victoria!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for featuring my home Bernideen, I always love your photos! I enjoyed our visit today! You two are such precious friends. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect home to celebrate Queen Victoria for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved seeing all of Gina's authentic Victorian touches---just my style! I do miss her blog.(Please see if you can convince her to start again!) How lucky you three are to have found each other and enjoy the same things.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful home Gina has created. What a delightful tea and celebration of Queen Victoria’s 200th birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful way to celebrate Queen Victoria's birthday. I'm loving Gina's beautiful decor, especially the curio cabinet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fun! I know Gina has a wonderful collection, and It is certainly evident. You must have had a lovely time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how fun for you beautiful ladies!! I know you all had a fabulous time together.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely way to celebrate. Her home I am sure was a delight and gorgeous. The garden is amazing. I love the old time gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are the best photo taker in our group LOL

    It was such a relaxing day with you and Gina at her beautiful house, good food good company nothing better

    xoxo

    Janice

    ReplyDelete

I always love your comments and thoughts! If you aren't a blogger yourself you may have difficulties leaving comments. I recommend you go to http://google.com/accounts and open a google account which doesn't mean that you will have a blog (unless you want one)but will make it possible for you to make comments on all blogs! PLEASE USE A NAME in your google account AND NOT "Unknown" !
Sometimes people repost not realizing their comment posted! Go slowly when you post your comment - don't rush! It will not appear until it is approved. If a question is asked I will try to answer it here.