Saturday, January 30, 2021

A FIRESIDE TEA TIME AND TRUSTING THE LORD

Now that we are in the post election era it is time to move on here on my blog. 







 I have made a decision to stay steadfast praying that the crimes committed in this election will be dealt with.  I will continue to do what I believe the Lord is telling me to do which is to spend substantial time in prayer and the Word of God - my Bible.  


When I mention prayer this means not just some quick little prayer but calling out to the Lord for this country which under this President is quickly moving further from God.  Remember that liberal judges would not even listen to the many cases of voter fraud. I will continue to pray for justice.  I believe abortion is murder and the Democratic party wants to greatly increase abortion and President Biden wants to use our tax payer dollars to  help support it more around the world.



I also will continue to share my love for tea, baking,  garden and crafting along with sharing my faith.


Today I have set up a little fireside tea and will share the recipe for the Blueberry Lemon Muffins at the bottom of this page.


Which brings me to this question?  What is prayer? Is it repeating something over and over that we memorized? 

  The Bible refers to about "vain repetitions".  The King James Bible says "But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do....." Matthew 6:7    It is easy for people to just imitate the way that they heard someone else putting the same words together.  You know, "thank you for this food and bless it to the nourishment of our bodies and bless the hands that prepared it", etc. I have done that myself over the years.   For followers of Jesus prayer should be so much more and needs to be more personal.  It is about talking to the Lord and sharing our personal concerns about our families, our country, etc. It is about expressing our thankful hearts and asking for his counsel.   A good way to pray is to find a scripture in the Bible that reflects your problem or need and pray it to the Lord.  Also, to declare in prayer what the word of the Lord says because the word is sharper than a two edged sword.  And then personalize the verse into your prayer.  We know that God is comprised of 3 facets:  The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit so knowing who it is that you should be praying to is very important!


 This winter instead of television (or the left mainstream media) you might enjoy watching some darling YouTube videos which inspire us with ideas for our homes and gardens.  Here is a link below to a home that is very calming and restful.  

I really enjoy Jeri Landers

at Hop a Long Hollow

 

I write this blog post fully knowing and understanding it won't be for everyone.  In November I felt led of the Lord to start a social media page about tea time, hospitality and Christian faith. If you are a person of Faith in the Lord and you support the Right to Life you are invited to join in with other ladies on MeWe at "Christian Tea Time & Hospitality".  It is a group where you can share about tea, hospitality and scriptures.

Last night I made some delicious Blueberry Lemon muffins and I am sharing the recipe: 

Ingredients for Blueberry Lemon Muffins - makes 18 muffins from May/June 2008 Victoria Magazine

375 degrees - Lightly grease muffin tins with butter- will bake for 25 minutes

Ingredients for muffin body:  3 cups plus 2 Tb flour, 6 Tb melted butter, 3 Tsp baking powder, 1 3/4  Cups blueberries, 1 1/4 C sugars, 1 1/4 C sugar, 2 large eggs, 2 large egg yolks, 3 Tb lemon juice, 2 Tsp lemon zest, 1 Tsp vanilla extract and 1 cup of milk

Ingredients for topping:  1/2 C flour, 1/2 C brown sugar, 1/2 cup sliced toasted almonds, 1/4 soft butter, 1/4 Tsp cinnamon, 1/4 Tsp salt

I don't do detailed instructions in sharing but simply mix the muffin body ingredients together with a mixer (I use a kitchen aid mixer with bowl) adding the dry ingredients first and then liquid items and blueberries last.   Pour into a muffin tray about 2/3 full and then put a heaping tablespoon of the topping on the muffin tops.  Leftover topping can be put in a plastic carton in your freezer but I always recommend marking it as you will later wonder "what is this"?