Thursday, August 10, 2023

A FEW FRIENDS FOR AFTERNOON TEA

 I love baking for an Afternoon
Tea (there was a little cooking too)
and enjoying the time to chat
together in a relaxed slowdown.


I had shared my menu earlier which
was made up of the traditional 
Afternoon tea with 3 savories,
scones and 3 sweets.  I call that
3 + 3 + 1.  I also served soup
Cheese knock off recipe.  It is so
good.  With the soup, I served the
savory scones with butter.


I had invited a couple other
ladies but work and doctor
appointments overshadowed
time.





My savory tart recipe was from a 
2017 issue of Victoria.   The tray above
holds food for 2 ladies and then
of course I ask them what they
would like to have more of
that I can bring.

Are you making time in
your life to enjoy 
Afternoon Tea?

5 comments:

  1. *drool*
    Those lucky ladies :)
    Your menu sounds delicious, what a lovely treat !
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so lovely! I am certain the ladies truly enjoyed such a wonderful afternoon of tea and fellowship. I know I would! Everything is beautiful. Thank you for sharing it with us. It's been so hot here I can barely think of doing any extra cooking right now. But I would love to have some kind of tea party again, maybe in the fall. Have a wonderful rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's definitely time to schedule Afternoon Tea in the near future. Your menu sounds delicious! Bless you for blessing others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure this was delightful for all, including you wiith all the cookin done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You’re such a wonderful hostess, Bernideen, and I’m sure the ladies felt so loved. Your menu sounds fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

I always love your comments and thoughts! If you aren't a blogger yourself you may have difficulties leaving comments. I recommend you go to http://google.com/accounts and open a google account which doesn't mean that you will have a blog (unless you want one)but will make it possible for you to make comments on all blogs! PLEASE USE A NAME in your google account AND NOT "Unknown" !
Sometimes people repost not realizing their comment posted! Go slowly when you post your comment - don't rush! It will not appear until it is approved. If a question is asked I will try to answer it here.