Sunday, September 8, 2024

SEPTEMBER BRINGS CHANGE


 Last week I decided to move forward
with my fall table setting.  It was fun
pulling out various pieces of 
transferware and I also decided to
wash everything as I went along.







The zinnias in our front yard have
been so lovely during August and 
now in September.  I grew them from
the seeds I had last year and once again
I will save seeds for next year.


The tablecloth is an old Quaker one
 that was given to me and formerly belonged to a wonderland lady who
is in Heaven now, 
Marie Smith.


My plates are Johnson Brothers 
Windsor Ware Harvest Fruit.








Our front yard faces south so it gets the
most sun.  I have noticed the back yard
which faces north can be a challenge
for some flowers.  I guess after working
in the garden these 8+ years here I 
now see how these things work.  For
example, one wouldn't want vegetables
in their front yard but I have found
I can tuck some tomato and pepper
 plants here and there in order
to have some.


Hope your September 
is going well.  We are
enjoying and loving cooler
temperatures.  It feels so
wonderful.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful setting for preparation into Autumn. I do hope we get some rain here, we are in a drought and the trees will not be pretty this year. I love your flower arrangement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly so beautiful, and perfectly Autumn ! I love your tableware and Staffordshire dogs, quintessentially English.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always you set a lovely table...so inviting and beautiful for autumn 🍁.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blooms on your zinnia's are huge and beautiful. How wonderful to be able to pick from your garden and make a bouquet. You have my favorite transferware (browns) on your dining table. Perfect to begin the autumn season. The inside as well as your outdoors are picture worthy.

    ReplyDelete

I always love your comments and thoughts! If you aren't a blogger yourself you may have difficulties leaving comments. I recommend you go to http://google.com/accounts and open a google account which doesn't mean that you will have a blog (unless you want one)but will make it possible for you to make comments on all blogs! PLEASE USE A NAME in your google account AND NOT "Unknown" !
Sometimes people repost not realizing their comment posted! Go slowly when you post your comment - don't rush! It will not appear until it is approved. If a question is asked I will try to answer it here.