Friday, January 15, 2010

VALENTINE SUGAR COOKIES- This Will Be Easy!

Sugar Cookies are so easy to bake and are very inexpensive to make yourself.  We used to say "cost pennies" but I am not sure anything just costs pennies now.





  Here is what you will need:
Ingredients: 1 cup of butter softened, 1 tsp vanilla, 1 1/2 cups sugar (decrease by 1 1/2 Tb in high alt)3 eggs, 3 1/2 cups sifted flour, 2 tsp cream of tartar, 1 tsp baking soda (decreased by 1/4 tsp in high alt), 1/2 tsp salt




This recipe will make 24 large cookies or lots more smaller ones!

An assortment of cookie cutters of your choice!  Don't crowd them together on the baking sheet! Cream the butter and vanilla in a large bowl and add the sugar gradually till creamy and fluffy.  Add eggs one at a time and beat after each. Sift the dry ingredients together in a separate bowl and add to the creamy mix to form dough.  Divide into 2 large balls.  Roll out on a floured cloth and sprinkle dough with colored sugar or sprinkles of your choice. I like to sprinkle more inside the cutter on the dough before I pickup the unbaked cookie and put it on the ungreased baking sheet.    Bake in a preheated oven 375degrees for about 7- 8 minutes. 






These cookies are perfect for tea and I chose Harney's Paris Tea to go with the cookies! 

8 comments:

  1. So pretty...when do you have time to bake?! I wish my tea gadget drawer was as clean as yours! (smile). Dreaming of one of those yummy cookies right now!
    Donna (IA)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to bake and do so early in the morning before work or at night WHICH IS WHY I NEED TO LOOSE 20 POUNDS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HELLO BERNIDEEN,
    LOVE YOUR TEAPOT WITH ALL THE HEARTS, I LEARNED SOMETHING NEW TODAY, I NEVER SAW A TEA CATHER. WHAT A GREAT IDEA. I HAVE A FEW POTS THAT DRIP, AND THEY ARE PUT ASIDE. THANK YOU.
    SUGAR COOKIES ARE GOOD WITH TEA, YOURS LOOK DELICIOUS. I HOPE YOU HAVE A NICE WEEKEND. RIZZI

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love simple little sugar cookies! Where did you get that cute heart-speckled teapot? How sweet for Valentines! Oh, how great minds think alike--I have teapot cookie cutters too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bernideen,

    I love sugar cookies too!

    Enjoy your weekend,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not much on cooking anymore, but would enjoy one of your cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cookies and tea and wonderful post! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sugar cookies are one of my hubby's favorites. I have not made any in quite a while as they would be gone in 5 minutes thanks to him!!!! He loves cookies! That tea cather is just too cute, and I would love to know where you could buy one as I have never seen one before. Maybe I don't get out too much!!
    Ulrike

    ReplyDelete

I always love your comments and thoughts! If you aren't a blogger yourself you may have difficulties leaving comments. I recommend you go to http://google.com/accounts and open a google account which doesn't mean that you will have a blog (unless you want one)but will make it possible for you to make comments on all blogs! PLEASE USE A NAME in your google account AND NOT "Unknown" !
Sometimes people repost not realizing their comment posted! Go slowly when you post your comment - don't rush! It will not appear until it is approved. If a question is asked I will try to answer it here.