Friday, November 26, 2010

TRYING PERSIMMONS PART #2 AND MY ALL TIME FAVORITE BOOK FOR PREPARATION FOR THE HOLIDAYS!

Let's face it -nobody has ever done a more complete book for preparing for the Holidays than the 1989 classic "Martha Stewart's Christmas" Book.  I pick it up year after year and reread the recipes and look at those wonderful photos! 


 Last week I bought 3 persimmons at the grocery store and on Thanksgiving Day I decided to make Martha Stewart's Steamed Persimmon Pudding!  I have 4 lidded pudding containers and used the 2 quart size for this pudding:





The smell of the persimmons - by the way - these must be very ripe indeed- was a little like a mango...





I used a lidded turkey roaster and filled it with water 1/2 the way up and steamed the pudding for 2 hours 15 minutes!


It came out looking wonderful!  I followed Martha's instuctions and made the lemon sauce which I poured over the pudding...


The cinnamon spice gave it a light spice flavor that was very nice!

A very pretty presentation and also unique!

8 comments:

  1. Oh my but that looks beautiful and so good. I used my persimmons in a fruit salad and they were so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Bernideen,
    your pudding looks very tempting. I have never cooked with persimmons. But I can imagine that it tasts lovely.
    Gretings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello!

    My mom has a persimmon tree in San Diego and they make the most lovely desserts and salads. Your pudding is beautiful and I'm sending your recipe along to mom and saving it in hopes that she will send me some!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boy, that's an old book Bernideen. The pudding looks delicious and appears it would feed a crowd.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never tried a persimmon. This sounds good. Martha looks a lot different, but then, I suppose I did also 20+ years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nummy! My mother loves persimmons so I may have to track down this book and give the recipe a try.

    ReplyDelete

I always love your comments and thoughts! If you aren't a blogger yourself you may have difficulties leaving comments. I recommend you go to http://google.com/accounts and open a google account which doesn't mean that you will have a blog (unless you want one)but will make it possible for you to make comments on all blogs! PLEASE USE A NAME in your google account AND NOT "Unknown" !
Sometimes people repost not realizing their comment posted! Go slowly when you post your comment - don't rush! It will not appear until it is approved. If a question is asked I will try to answer it here.