Tuesday, February 18, 2020

THE SMALL TOWNS IN MISSOURI

One of the things my husband and 
I like doing is visiting some of the
 small towns in Missouri.


Today we drove over to several
that are southwest of us but not as
far as Kansas City.


We stopped and had lunch at a cute
little tea room called "My Secret Garden"
outside of a little town called Warsaw.

There are many sweet cafe type restaurant
around Missouri that are called "tea rooms" 
and they serve salads, soups, quiche, etc
with desserts and tea. (not Afternoon Tea)

Then we went into the antique mall there.
I loved this pink Victorian house which was
right down the street.


On the way back up the road north we
passed back through Sedalia, where the
state fair is held each summer:


Earlier in the day we had seen a sign about a tiny German settled town called "Cole Camp"
 and so we drove over east 4 miles 
to see what it was like
and found a darling shop:


This shop serves lunch and dinners and
 also across the street a sister affiliated shop 
serves Afternoon Teas. 
 Another day for that!

11 comments:

  1. The pink house is so pretty and I like the little antique stores and tea rooms you describe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice to have these day trips and see these picturesque towns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun! I enjoyed seeing your photos. Not seeing any snow there...

    ReplyDelete
  4. How could a person not enjoy seeing that beautiful Victorian house?
    Wow. How wonderful that the sun seemed to be shining while you were
    sight seeing and enjoying tea time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun to just meander ---out of season---and have a nice lunch in a picturesque small town. My mom and I used to do that---take a weekend, here or there, while my dad went fishing with my husband. Love the pink house, and I really dislike pink, but it looks like a birthday cake...so pretty! Hugs and have a nice week! Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  6. You live in such a great place, Bernideen. It's so nice that you and your hubby can get out and about to visit lovely areas. I certainly would enjoy going to wonderful tea rooms.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven’t visit Missouri in many years. We lived there for a year in Camdenton for linguistics study, and my oldest daughter was born there.

    It’s a beautiful state and looks like so many wonderful places to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such wonderful places to visit. Makes for a perfect out and about day. Love the Victorian home! Noticed the trains too; a something special for your husband as well. Would love to visit that area some day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I lived in Kansas many years ago I loved the small towns and seeing the old houses. One I particularly loved was a stone house out in the middle of a wheat field. The last time we drove through there I wanted to stop and take pictures of it, but sadly it was gone. The sign said they were tired of people stopping to take pictures of it.

    Love seeing your pictures of the old houses of the mid-west.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing Missouri with us! That pink Victorian is quite stately!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I so enjoyed seeing your visit to Warsaw. Just the kind of outing my husband and I love, and should do more of.

    ReplyDelete

I always love your comments and thoughts! If you aren't a blogger yourself you may have difficulties leaving comments. I recommend you go to http://google.com/accounts and open a google account which doesn't mean that you will have a blog (unless you want one)but will make it possible for you to make comments on all blogs! PLEASE USE A NAME in your google account AND NOT "Unknown" !
Sometimes people repost not realizing their comment posted! Go slowly when you post your comment - don't rush! It will not appear until it is approved. If a question is asked I will try to answer it here.