Wednesday, March 17, 2021

IRISH CURRANT SCONES FOR ST. PATRICK'S DAY

 


 I always look forward to getting out 
the tea cozy I made from one of the
napkins in a linen set my Grandmother 
made me 52 years ago when I got
married.  Several of the napkins were
stained over the years so I used those.
 

Today I set a little table for us to enjoy
our tea time down in my basement tea
room.  I have made us some Irish Currant
Scones to enjoy with our tea.


I haven't crafted much this year but
made the little decoration last year.


You might enjoy baking these scones 
which were super easy so I leave the recipe 
at the bottom of this post.


I found the little Dome Tea Cozy 
at a mall in Kansas City last year.
It would be for a tiny teapot.


This is an old vintage shamrock apron
in the collage above.

I love these
darling personal
sized pieces for
cream and sugar.


I have to tell you that we have had a week
of rain.  It just keeps coming and more
is expected tonight.  The little birds
are all wet and this morning I saw a 
squirrel climb into one of the birdhouses
trying to escape the rain.  I
will be glad when the sun comes
back out but I do remember that
our rain in Missouri would have
been snow in Colorado!



And now here are the ingredients
 for some very easy scones.  

IRISH CURRANT SCONES:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line
a baking pan with parchment baking
paper which really helps to keep it clean.

Combine dry ingredients first and then add
the other items:  2 cups flour, 1 Tb baking powder, 1/4 cup of granulated sugar, 1 tsp salt, 3 Tb soft butter, 1/2 cup milk, 1/4 cup sour cream, and at the end add 1/2 cup of currants

I cut these 1 1/2" deep with a medium
scone cutter and baked them for 8 minutes in my convection oven so possibly 9-10 in a 
regular oven.
This recipe made 9 scones.


3 comments:

  1. Love all your Irish themed treasures - from the tea cozy to the spring tea cups - lovely! And the scones recipe sounds very tasty! Happy St. Patty's Day! Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely St. Patrick's tea you had. The embroidery of your
    Grandmother is a joy to see. And you have shown how you appreciate it
    by finding a terrific use for any that may be a bit worn or stained.
    I know what you mean about the early non-stop rain. But am grateful
    it was not snow here either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bernideen, I'd love to join you in your fabulous basement tearoom for some tea and these delicious scones. I can bring the clotted cream (posted this week) as I still have one little jar in the freezer. Love your dozy made from the napkin made by your grandmother. And your new flat-bottom cozies were a brilliant idea.

    ReplyDelete

I always love your comments and thoughts! If you aren't a blogger yourself you may have difficulties leaving comments. I recommend you go to http://google.com/accounts and open a google account which doesn't mean that you will have a blog (unless you want one)but will make it possible for you to make comments on all blogs! PLEASE USE A NAME in your google account AND NOT "Unknown" !
Sometimes people repost not realizing their comment posted! Go slowly when you post your comment - don't rush! It will not appear until it is approved. If a question is asked I will try to answer it here.