Wednesday, October 20, 2021

COZY AUTUMN WILD RICE SOUP FOR DINNER

 I was online looking at various fall
soup recipes and today I made one for
our dinner tonight:


Our weather has turned cooler and I
imagine the leaves will begin to turn now.
Each day now, I have to pick up the
 acorns and walnuts in the back yard.
I try to get them before the squirrels
bury them.  That's impossible but I try.

perfect for fall!  I served it with the
$1.00 French Bread loaf from Walmart.
I buy them and immediately divide that
long loaf into several cartons and put
that in the freezer.  That way, it doesn't 
get stale before we eat it.  My husband
actually loves it for toast.



Like you I often put my own spin on a 
recipe and change one or more things.
In this case, I used 1 cup brocolli instead
of kale, I used 1 medium sweet potato and 1 
medium regular potato.  I also added 1 cup
fresh green beans and used red onion instead
of white.  I cooked 2 small chicken breasts
in 6 cups of water.


We loved our soup and you might
like to try it too. 

3 comments:

  1. I like your spin on the soup, Bernideen. It sounds perfect for a Fall day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just this past Saturday I bought a $1 loaf of Italian bread at Walmart for the first time and I really like it. Last night I toasted a couple of slices in a skillet to have for supper.
    The soup looks so good!
    Blessings, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy taking a recipe and putting my own spin on it. Yours looks and
    sounds quite tasty. Thanks for sharing the recipe idea as it is cool and
    raining here today.

    ReplyDelete

I always love your comments and thoughts! If you aren't a blogger yourself you may have difficulties leaving comments. I recommend you go to http://google.com/accounts and open a google account which doesn't mean that you will have a blog (unless you want one)but will make it possible for you to make comments on all blogs! PLEASE USE A NAME in your google account AND NOT "Unknown" !
Sometimes people repost not realizing their comment posted! Go slowly when you post your comment - don't rush! It will not appear until it is approved. If a question is asked I will try to answer it here.