Saturday, November 5, 2022

BAKE A LOVELY CARROT CAKE

Yesterday I baked a Carrot Cake.
I had been sewing downstairs and
at about 3:30 pm I thought I'm 
going to quit and go bake something.
Do you love to bake?


As you can see the cake was quickly
cut and enjoyed after dinner.  
Several pieces went to Senior neighbors
and slices were frozen for another
day down the road.


This cake is really so easy to make and
requires 4 cups of grated carrots, 4 eggs,
1 Cup vegetable oil, 2 cups flour,
2 cups sugar, 2 tsp baking powder and
1 cup chopped walnuts for the cake
body.  Always mix the dry ingredients
 first and then add the eggs and oil.
We are talking 350 degrees for
baking 30 minutes in a regular oven
or 25 minutes convection oven.



The icing was wonderful too and easy.  
1 pkg 8 Oz cream cheese, 4 Tb butter, 
1 3/4 Cups of Confectioners Sugar, 
1 tsp lemon juice and 1 tsp vanilla
 all mixed together and then another
 1/2 cup walnuts sprinkled on top.


This week I had fun making some little
Ephemera Thanksgiving cards:


To me the Canadians have a better
situation in that they have their 
Thanksgiving in October and move
on to decorating for Christmas.

I also made an ephemera Thanksgiving
medallion for my kitchen
window:
We had a rainy night and now
a very windy day so staying in
seems quite delightful.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful and looks lovely, Bernideen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do so enjoy the Fall decorations for Halloween and Thanksgiving. So I guess have our Nov. Thanksgiving is fine. I do wait until Dec. 1 for Christmas decorations. Just as long as there is something fun up for now. And your collection there of Fall color tea pot and creamer, etc. are just fun to see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cake looks beyond delicious. I think I have only made one carrot cake in my entire life.

    I agree on the Canadian Thanksgiving. November is much too close to Christmas. We didn't start out that way!

    Those Thanksgiving cards are very sweetly vintage looking. 🦃

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cake looks delicious! I definitely enjoy baking, especially when the weather turns cooler. Lately I'm trying recipes with lower fat and been pleasantly surprised how well they've turned out. Love the vintage cards you made... so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cake looks divine, Bernideen, and I’d love a slice. Your cards are beautiful! I agree with you on the Canadians having the right idea about Thanksgiving in October.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bernideen, beautiful cake and ephemera (what a great word!). Like you, I always like to share some slices and put some slices in the freezer. Not good to have a big cake just sitting there staring at you in a two-person household!

    ReplyDelete

I always love your comments and thoughts! If you aren't a blogger yourself you may have difficulties leaving comments. I recommend you go to http://google.com/accounts and open a google account which doesn't mean that you will have a blog (unless you want one)but will make it possible for you to make comments on all blogs! PLEASE USE A NAME in your google account AND NOT "Unknown" !
Sometimes people repost not realizing their comment posted! Go slowly when you post your comment - don't rush! It will not appear until it is approved. If a question is asked I will try to answer it here.