Saturday, April 22, 2023

FREEZE WARNING - NO TEA IN THE GARDEN TODAY

 Spring seems to delight  in teasing 
us this year.  Just as we thought our
cold weather was history we  realize
it is not because tonight there
could be a possible freeze.


I decided I better pick a bouquet
of lovely white lilacs from the side of
our house.  I am also sharing a mulberry
transferware teapot I found yesterday
in Mexico, Missouri in a darling shop
that sells clocks and antiques.  They
are only open on Saturdays but
happened to be open by chance on
Friday.


The pattern is Masons "Watteau".

It was a fun day and I did really admire
this piece of furniture.  My husband 
can be seen taking this photo of it
with his phone.  It also had a hefty 
price tag so we did not purchase it.


I think this weekend's cold weather
will probably be the last.  The yard
has been displaying many lovely
bulbs.  I couldn't resist embellishing
my white lilacs with more.



This is a perfect time to enjoy some
gardening books and receive some
last minute inspiration for spring.


I am not sure how a freeze would
affect the lilacs.....we shall see.



9 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful piece of furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I expect no more freezes up here in the arctic and to think you may have one. Your lilac bouquet with added flowers looks wonderful. So many lovely things in this world...we can't have them all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your white lilacs really set off the tulips on the front porch. What a beautiful teapot find. Our cold nights are to be in the 30's clear through Thursday night. But things are greener and more colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope the freeze doesn't do much damage to your lovely flowers and lilacs. Glad you were able to enjoy them when you did. Spring can be very fickle!! Love the pretty tea pot. And that cabinet is lovely too. I understand about hefty price tags. They are put there to help us fight the temptation! LOL. Have a lovely weekend, and hopefully it will be a light frost...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your flowers are oh-so-gorgeous. I hope they will not be damaged by the frost. Hilltop Post

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Bernideen,
    your new header is simply stunning!
    I also think that with the coming days, the weather will allow you to enjoy your so loved teas in the garden, I wonder the perfume you can smell sitting outside!
    Wishing you a blessed Sunday
    Xx Daniela @ ~ My little old world ~ (Dany)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The clock on the piece of furniture is beautiful! The pictures of your flowers are lovely. Thank you for sharing such peaceful encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love seeing what’s blooming in your garden! Hopefully no freezes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Bernideen!
    The bouquets are so pretty, especially the one by the door. And what a lovely teapot. Already your garden is putting on a show! I hope the cold temperature didn't cause any damage.
    Blessings, Linda

    ReplyDelete

I always love your comments and thoughts! If you aren't a blogger yourself you may have difficulties leaving comments. I recommend you go to http://google.com/accounts and open a google account which doesn't mean that you will have a blog (unless you want one)but will make it possible for you to make comments on all blogs! PLEASE USE A NAME in your google account AND NOT "Unknown" !
Sometimes people repost not realizing their comment posted! Go slowly when you post your comment - don't rush! It will not appear until it is approved. If a question is asked I will try to answer it here.