Monday, October 23, 2023

THE OLD MILL TRANSFERWARE FOR FALL

It's fun getting out the autumn colored
dishes for fall.  Yesterday we had
some senior couples for lunch so
that was an opportunity to change
the table up after washing the
linens and resetting.



The plates ( below left) are
part of a "Historic America"
Johnson Brothers series.


I have had a number of ladies tell
me they keep their dining room table
set all the time.




When out antiquing, I still come 
across other old punch bowls 
just like mine (above).  Each time it
causes me to recall the day I found
 mine at the Salvation Army.






 

3 comments:

  1. Oh Bernideen, your table setting is just perfect for Fall. I love your candelabra centerpiece and all your beautiful dishes, stemware and flatware. Your filled punch bowl is arranged so artfully. I’ll bet your guests enjoyed the afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I had the beautiful china settings you do, and a dining area, I too would keep the table set. This is so lovely. And the last two tea pot cozies out of doilies are so very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful Bernideen! I love Johnson Brothers patterns. I have been doing a lot of rearranging for fall and surprisingly I had most of what I needed here in the house. Your cabinet of dishes is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

I always love your comments and thoughts! If you aren't a blogger yourself you may have difficulties leaving comments. I recommend you go to http://google.com/accounts and open a google account which doesn't mean that you will have a blog (unless you want one)but will make it possible for you to make comments on all blogs! PLEASE USE A NAME in your google account AND NOT "Unknown" !
Sometimes people repost not realizing their comment posted! Go slowly when you post your comment - don't rush! It will not appear until it is approved. If a question is asked I will try to answer it here.