Tuesday, August 31, 2021

RURAL MISSOURI

 


Doesn't this old Victorian have potential?
We passed it today in a little town we
visited north of our area.  It is in Monroe,
Missouri.

This was not a good sign that the antique
place had a for sale sign on the door.

The local Ben Franklin does a huge business


in this little town selling cotton quilting fabrics.  There are tables with unbolted calicos.  Rural ladies come from all around to purchase fabric for their quilts.



And lots of corn which I thought
looked pretty poor compared to
other years:




3 comments:

  1. Bernideen, you took some fun photos. It would be a lovely home if the blue
    house were taken care of. I really can't imagine how expensive it would be,
    though. US 36 in Monroe runs right through my town.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely post, I so enjoyed your photos and comments. Sending you a happy day and a most delightful September!
    Best, V

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I haven't seen a Ben Franklin in years...and the fabric story..❤
    All the farm pictures remind me of Kentucky. So peaceful.
    Blessings, Linda

    ReplyDelete

I always love your comments and thoughts! If you aren't a blogger yourself you may have difficulties leaving comments. I recommend you go to http://google.com/accounts and open a google account which doesn't mean that you will have a blog (unless you want one)but will make it possible for you to make comments on all blogs! PLEASE USE A NAME in your google account AND NOT "Unknown" !
Sometimes people repost not realizing their comment posted! Go slowly when you post your comment - don't rush! It will not appear until it is approved. If a question is asked I will try to answer it here.