Tuesday, May 9, 2023

A FRENCH LACE TABLECLOTH

 Since we changed the room that is
adjacent to the kitchen back into a 
dining area, I have enjoyed setting
 the table with
various dishes.


Sunday after church we took the afternoon
to drive to Kansas City and visit a couple
of antique malls.  It was a gorgeous day.


I found the lovely lace tablecloth at the "Brass Armadillo".  It does have some
holes on one side which I will endeavor
to "fix" by appliqueing some other
 antique lace over the holes .

Late note:  I did fix 4 holes by laying a
small piece of similar antique lace under
each hole and doing a zigzag stitch over
the area with the hole.  


We visited a new antique mall I had
seen advertised lately, called "Market
Square".  Their displays were really 
lovely and well staged.
Everything was open and they 
are in a good location.

The other item I found (at the Brass
Armadillo) was this love cake platter.
I love the swirling shape of it.




For a long time, I collected this
Johnson Brothers Devonshire
Transferware pattern (1940's).
I first found some in Texas,  then
Colorado Springs and lastly
in recent years I found the teapot
on ebay.

It was fun setting it on my lace
tablecloth to see how it would look.


 The iced tea glasses above were given
to me from my Grandmother back in the
1970's.  I think they were from the 1950's.



I have always loved old things.
I am so blessed when I meet a
younger woman now who loves
old things because so few do.


8 comments:

  1. Everything looks so beautiful and welcoming. I am always inspired when I visit here. The tablecloth is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely piece that tablecloth is... great find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Bernideen, your new treasures are such great finds. Your JB dishes look outstanding on your table and I see those pretty oil lamps again. I think we are old souls, my friend. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delightful table setting! Happy May, V.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know if I am a "younger woman" or not...probably more like the same age as you, but I do love old things from earlier times. They have so much more character and elegance than what is being mass produced (and mostly from China) today. That cake pedestal is gorgeous!! That was quite a lovely discovery...and it is a nice way to display your teapot on the table! I love the dishes and the crystal goblets. How wonderful the goblets came from your grandmother! That makes them even more special! The lace tablecloth is beautiful! It makes a perfect backdrop for all of your table setting...and your dining area is perfect!! I'm glad you decided to to that...I am sure you are enjoying being able to look at your beautiful table right there close by! Thank you for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The beautiful cake stand reminds me of a pink Depression glass one my mother had. I was not able to keep every piece of her glassware unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have always loved old things. I love what you have written. I feel the same way as you do. I would much prefer to buy something special from the past. Your new lace tablecloth is beautiful and you have a very pretty table setting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our daughters have a love of heritage, ancestry and vintage items. Some of our favorite outings is to Sweet Williams Antique Mall. It's not very large but we enjoy browsing the various booths and most always find a treasure or two. Your table setting is so lovely!

    ReplyDelete

I always love your comments and thoughts! If you aren't a blogger yourself you may have difficulties leaving comments. I recommend you go to http://google.com/accounts and open a google account which doesn't mean that you will have a blog (unless you want one)but will make it possible for you to make comments on all blogs! PLEASE USE A NAME in your google account AND NOT "Unknown" !
Sometimes people repost not realizing their comment posted! Go slowly when you post your comment - don't rush! It will not appear until it is approved. If a question is asked I will try to answer it here.