Friday, January 19, 2024

SCONES, ANTIQUE NAPKINS AND OLD VICTORIA MAGAZINES

 

It was a lovely, cold but
sunny day to pour a cup
of tea and have a 
yummy scone at the 
kitchen table.


Last night I baked some lovely
scones which you might like to try
Scones made with this
recipe.  I got 10 scones out of
the batter cutting them with a
medium scone cutter.  I also
substituted with buttermilk.


As I shared in a previous post, we
have been enjoying the bluebirds
outside on our deck and they are
in fact flying in to feast right now.

I pulled out a stack
of the old Victoria
Magazines which
were from past
Januarys and
I have been
enjoying them.

I want to share some antique napkins I
purchased from the other side of the world.  They are tea napkins which 
means they are smaller and these
are made
from Bobbin lace:



We only have a tiny bit of snow
but we have certainly had our
share of cold weather.



If you love romantic style you will find
old Victoria magazines "your cup
of tea".  



Winter is the perfect
opportunity for
Friendly Village
Johnson Brothers
transferware:


I hope you are staying warm and
having a enjoyable winter.  Winter
is a helpful time to learn something
new and I enjoy all the gardening
videos on YouTube.  You can find
so many videos about England,
Tea Time and whatever hobbies
you love.

3 comments:

  1. I really love your beautiful tea pots. Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been bitter cold for just about everyone this winter. We did get 6 inches yesterday on top of the 4 or 5 earlier. But this is still
    not extremely bad and I am grateful. Your pictures always cheer me up, especially in the winter. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I could join you at your table for a scone and cup of tea. Those new dainty napkins are so exquisite! It’s been bitter cold here, too, Bernideen, and I’ve been sipping tea all day long.

    ReplyDelete

I always love your comments and thoughts! If you aren't a blogger yourself you may have difficulties leaving comments. I recommend you go to http://google.com/accounts and open a google account which doesn't mean that you will have a blog (unless you want one)but will make it possible for you to make comments on all blogs! PLEASE USE A NAME in your google account AND NOT "Unknown" !
Sometimes people repost not realizing their comment posted! Go slowly when you post your comment - don't rush! It will not appear until it is approved. If a question is asked I will try to answer it here.